5gal single DWC questions

Justones

So I've had my first 5 gal dwc going for a couple months. Everything looks good. I just have a few questions.

So far I've just been changing out the water/nute mix once a week. In between that week I have been having to add water & sometimes a weaker water/nute mix.

Now its become 8 cups of water a day that is having to be replaced. So it's a daily thing to add water.

Should I just keep on doing what I'm doing. With change the water completely once a week. With adding regular water daily & every 3 days I add a water nute mix?

I'm just starting to wonder because of how much water a day needs to be replaced now. The plant isnt fully in flower. Just starting to show some pystils. I figure it will be using more water daily as it gets into flower.

Late in flower it's a challenge for sure

If you add a half gallon a day, what I did was just keep monitoring the ppm as I add fresh plain water

I'd stretch the rezz change to 10-14 days as long as no sludge builds up on the side or roots

Then I'd add nutes if needed if ppm gets to low

If your root mass is so large that your reservoir only has room left for eight cups of liquid (and therefore must be topped off every day)... Well, that's why I recommend 20+ gallon totes for a DWC reservoir, lol.

A large indoor cannabis plant, if it's a little warm in there and the airflow is great, is easily capable of transpiring gallons per day.

Let me word that better. It's a 5 gal bucket. I have 3.5 gallons of water/nutes in it. The plant is now drinking (maybe some evaporation if possible) 8 cups of water from that 3.5 gallons a day.

I have a sight I made on the side that measures gallons then 1/2 gallons at the top.

I'm using general hydro trio, cal mag & z7. Water temps range from 60 to 72.

oh, okay, cool.

I wasn't trying to sound rude if it seemed that way? I was just clarifying the current setup & what I wrote.

I'm enjoying this first time hydro grow. I really get a kick out of seeing the roots form & grow. Plus it seems to grow really fast. Though it had a slightly rough transition from a soil start to straight hydro transplant.

I had some slight root browning a week or so ago. Then I started using the z7. Seems to be helping. The lower dark brown in roots. Is actually thick roots. Theres even some green looking little roots in there to.

DSC_0124.jpg
DSC_0122-2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom