5gal DWC mid flower woes

Justones

So this 1st 5gal dwc is coming along nicely.

But I am beginning to have some trouble. I sort of anticipated, but waited to see how things would unfold after the stretch.

I take the mesh lid (plant) off the bucket daily to fill with fresh water or nute mix. Plus check the Ph. It's almost 4 weeks into flower. So it's a bit of a hassle to make sure I'm not hitting branches on stuff as its moved off the bucket & set onto a temporary bucket as I'm maintaining the main bucket.

I've been thinking in the back of head a solution to this. But I'm curious what others have setup.

I don't remove it usually unless I'm doing a complete Rez change

I'll slide it back, pour, slide back on

When I do full rezz I remove the entire bucket, then lift it out of the bucket into fresh rezz or temp bucket

May look at one of these too, is fantastic to empty rezz's, battery operated
38Y794_AS01.jpeg

I've been doing complete water/nute change about once a week. I use water & nutes I've pre mixed & PH'd in between the weekly change. Also using z7.

I know the next version i build will have a drain & fill. I still find it useful to be inside the bucket for when I'm cleaning it etc between changes. Even using z7 theres still some residue it seems to clean.

General hydroponics trio with some cal mag. Mix about 3/4 strength vs recommended on drain to waste chart. I give a little extra than recommended on the cal mag.

I'll mix 3.5 gal of water/nutes with z7 fresh to start. The daily water use about 3/4 of a gallon. I'll alternate refilling days. One day PH'd water with z7. Next day water/nute mix with z7. By the end of the week the mix is fairly clear. I use that to water my house plants.

Another idea, for easy access, is to use a hole-saw to make an access in the margin of the net-pot. Big enough for that pump Chris linked. Works well!
:thumb:

Back
Top Bottom