600w Grow Room Plan, looking for advice/feedback

sega2223

Thanks for reading my thread. I am going to be a first timer in the next 30-60 days. I am trying to plan out my room as best I can and was hoping for some feedback/advice on a couple of things (and anything you think could change).

I am pretty comfortable with my design except the Fan selection. I need 2 fans and would love feedback on which ones would best fit my set up.

1. The first is the Can-Fan 33. My room is 377cf and the Can Fan 33 is rated for 168 CFM. Do you think the CF66 at 350 would be a better fit.

2. I want to intake and exhaust my light on its own path (hoping to expel the heat asap with minimal impact to the room). Any idea what fan would best suit this. As you can see its not a long run.

Well thats it for now. Thanks again for the time to read and respond.

tomato1.jpg

I see almost 80 people looked at this thread and no replies. I will assume it was too vague a question, so i made a new diagram and am looking for ventilation advice. I have two rooms, both 390 cubic feet (as labelled).

I want to know if my concept would work in practice. I have numbered the airflow steps and was hoping to get advice on what fans i need to add. So here are the notes:

1. 1 square foot of fresh air intake
2. 6" fresh air intake for 600w Air Cooled hood
3. 2 square foot fresh air intake (passive for now)
4. 8" exhaust duct from room A
5. can33 exhaust for room B
6. Overall system exhaust in hallway (air plenum room) for Ozone mixing
7. Overall exhaust for plenum.
8. What fans do i need.

Any comments from ventilation guru's would be appreciated. Thanks in advance for any guidance you can provide. THanks again.

tomato2.jpg

Based on your diagram you are going to need a huge fan. It appears you are attempting to do all of you ventilation with a single fan. Looks like you have 780 cubic feet of space. As a minimum you want to be able to exchange you air 2x/min. So based on that you are looking at a fan capacity of at least 1560cfm. Keep in mind a fans rating is based on 100% efficency which means the fan alone with no ducting or filters. At best most systems are about 60% efficent. So probably a 2500-3000cfm fan for your diagram.

Screwnuts- U sure about the 2x per minute? I have read quite a few different opinions from 1x per minute, to 1x per every 3 minutes etc. I do appreciate your insight here.

Secondly, I guess i would have to have seperate exhaust paths with a few fans insterad of 1 big exhaust. I was trying to simplify the system.

Thanks again.

Screwnuts- U sure about the 2x per minute? I have read quite a few different opinions from 1x per minute, to 1x per every 3 minutes etc. I do appreciate your insight here.

Secondly, I guess i would have to have seperate exhaust paths with a few fans insterad of 1 big exhaust. I was trying to simplify the system.

Thanks again.

I don't know that there is a carved in stone "best" number for air exchange. However the more fresh air the better. My readings have come up with 2x and the most common figure. I know nothing beyond that as far as the ideal number goes.

My grow tent is 224cuft and I am exchanging the air a little over 2x/min. I have a fan to draw in fresh air, separate fan and ducting to cool the lights, and another fan to exhaust. With two 600 watt HPS lights I maintain 77deg and 45% RH.

Back
Top Bottom