6040-F2525 A1 COB: Legit or cheap knockoff?

JThat "RF noise"--radio frequency buzzing and humming and static--can radiate for miles, interfering with all kinds of equipment, but most notably any kind of radio receiver.

It's been six or more years since I did so, but - IIRC - my Lumatek 400-watt ballast produced a few new birdies when checked with my 25mHz - 1.3gHz scanner. At the time, I was pretty paranoid about it. I don't worry so much about that particular thing these days, but if I was running unshielded electronic equipment in a grow, I'd probably do a scan through the AM and (88-108mHZ) FM radio bands. More out of courtesy to the neighbors than a sense of paranoia, though. Around here, folks don't really seem to complain to the FCC unless someone is running a 1,500-watt linear amp on their CB and their transmissions are coming in over people's kitchen clocks or something. Back in the early '90s, a semi-local truck stop used to read their dinner special menu out over the CB and it could occasionally be received a couple states away. They did so for a couple years before getting nailed - and they proudly announced who they were and how to get there each and every time they broadcast.

Lol. I got a great deal on some mercury vapor lamps once.

If you've already bought them, most every electrical product that I've ever checked had the certification (be it UL, a European one, et cetera) clearly stated on its label, the product itself, or at least in the documentation.

If you've already bought them, most every electrical product that I've ever checked had the certification (be it UL, a European one, et cetera) clearly stated on its label, the product itself, or at least in the documentation.

Geeez. What an idiot I am. All the plugs have the UL label on it. Sorry for wasting time on stupid question. Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom