Help with lighting

Badcrc32

420 Member
I have a 5x5 grow room with exust going to another room then scrubbed. I’m not sure about my light originally I was going to do a hydro table. I’m just growing in soil and don’t really want to switch. I’m growing 3 plants all in three gallon pots. Temp 83-78 and humidity 40-50.

Anyhow I am iffy on my light I’m not sure it’s powerful enough let me know thoughts should pull around 680.

2020 HortiBloom Horticulture LM301H LM301B 3500k Full Spectrum 650W LED Grow Light

Mega Plus 650W, whose power draw is around 650W on the wall, the efficacy we can do is 2.6-2.8 umol/J, we use Samsung lm301b or lm301h plus Cree660 or Osram660 leds, 8 grow bars to cover 5'x5' grow space uniformly. We use mass 6063 aluminum materials on our lights, each bar weighs 1KG, which promise the best heat dissipation to keep maximum product lifespan and minimum luminance decline.
Thanks peeps

H2a30ed9ebfd047b7bfa22dd852a13c84b.jpg

Probably be great for a 4'x4' space. But a 5'x5' space is a whopping 56.25% larger and... I have my doubts.

There really are no golden rules of lighting. However, if there were, #1 would probably be "Check to see what the manufacturer's recommendation is - and then buy a tent that is one size smaller" :rolleyes: .

<SHRUGS> Or settle for growing autoflowering strains, I suppose, and get the DLI up by never cutting the timer back from 18 hours per day.

In
Probably be great for a 4'x4' space. But a 5'x5' space is a whopping 56.25% larger and... I have my doubts.

There really are no golden rules of lighting. However, if there were, #1 would probably be "Check to see what the manufacturer's recommendation is - and then by a tent that is one size smaller" :rolleyes: .
would pushing the plants more to center help ?

Meh... Then you lose the vast majority of any light-reflectivity your walls might have. It'd probably be better to offset the light slightly towards one corner and move the plants in the same direction; then you've at least got two walls working for you. And you could use the opposite corner for equipment space, I suppose.

Plus, you could add some cheap supplemental lighting around the other two walls if you later decide it would be helpful.

I have a 4x4 and wouldn’t mind switching to that? I was going to a hydro table in this 5x5. A 4x4 hydro. Let me know I can switch this now though.

Back
Top Bottom