7 ft plants! 3lb yield per plants help

vangs

every time i see videos on guerilla growing or medical grow ops taking place outdoors in large farms the plants are always at least 6 or 7 ft tall and most of them are over 9ft tall. Harvest time comes and they get 2-3 pound yields. im assuming it has to do with long vegg time. this will be the first time im gunna grow outdoors so i had acouple questions. any answers would be much appricaited.

I MADE A Q&A. so it would be eassy to read the questions. here they are...

Q- if your growing outdoors when is it early enough to plant your plants??

Q- when will the plants begin to flower???

Q. Can you grow outdoors on the east coast? because i dont think theres a 2 month period where its
12-12light and dark.

Q- How do i control the temps stable around 75-80f if the plants are grown outdoors??

Q- when it rains, do i have to cover the garden and avoid the rain watering the plants, because i will use nutes to water.?

Q- also i know the higher watt light you use the bigger coverage but also the stronger penetration that gives off bigger colas on the top plant and decent size colas on the bottom where youd normally get popcorn buds. and these lights are 12-30inch from canopy... so does the sun have a stronger penetration on the plant? considering its alot farther away. and because the plants are 10ft tall, they need stronger penetration... only assking because if im gunna take the whole summer to veg, i want to know if the bottom part of the plant will make it worth it in yield.

Q- say you decide to grow 2 or 3 giant plants in your backyard. assume it will have a wooden fense taller than the plants soo it wont be in plain sight but it will smell, so will neibors be able to smell the plants? and will it be strong smell or can it get passed off as a dead skunk near by?? lol

ANY INFO IS APPRICIATED. YOU GUYS ARE THE INSPIRATION TO MY DECISION TO BECOME A GARDNER

A - typically you will want to plant your cannabis in the spring time when light has begun to be more abundant and sticks around longer. This can vary greatly depending on the region and weather of said region. Some outdoor growers also will start inside and get the plants developed so they get a head start so to speak.

A- They will begin to flower in fall usually once the sun begins set sooner, and the daylight hours decrease to 12 hours or so.

A - You can depending on how cold it is in the region. Also if lighting seems to be an issue, growers will force flower which means they force the plants to receive the amount of light they want by covering them up in darkness and then removing it for light. A greenhouse would be great for the east coast.

A- You don't really, you can try shading, use a green house.

A - As long as the rain isn't bad or abundant it should be fine. Greenhouse.

A - Sun always beats artificial light

A - Hopefully you have cool neighbors ;) or greenhouse with carbon filter

Get yourself an Almanac ..... it will help you decide when is the best time in the spring to start your grow. There is also a really good thread about moon cycles and all that. I can't remember where it is.

A - typically you will want to plant your cannabis in the spring time when light has begun to be more abundant and sticks around longer. This can vary greatly depending on the region and weather of said region. Some outdoor growers also will start inside and get the plants developed so they get a head start so to speak.

A- They will begin to flower in fall usually once the sun begins set sooner, and the daylight hours decrease to 12 hours or so.

A - You can depending on how cold it is in the region. Also if lighting seems to be an issue, growers will force flower which means they force the plants to receive the amount of light they want by covering them up in darkness and then removing it for light. A greenhouse would be great for the east coast.

A- You don't really, you can try shading, use a green house.

A - As long as the rain isn't bad or abundant it should be fine. Greenhouse.

A - Sun always beats artificial light

A - Hopefully you have cool neighbors ;) or greenhouse with carbon filter

thanks for the reply bones. the info will help me alot

I grew for the first time outdoors on the East Coast, just had the two plants. I know I waited to long to actually put mine outside(end of July), but check out my pics and you can see how I did. I just wish I got them outside a month or two earlier, due to the cold nights lately I have to bring them inside (a pain). But I'm still happy with the overall results.

Closer and closer

plants looked nice bro.... esp those close ups. i had acouple questions i wanted to ask you.

did you water with nutes? or just went of rain???

i noticed you had them in 5 gallon buckets and not in the actual ground. those plants look beast.. how tall were they in the pictures you posted?

what was your final yield?

Thanks. Yeah, I used Fox Farm Big Bloom with FF Ocean Forest soil. If it rained then I would skip that watering. I decided not to plant in the ground, just because I wanted to be able to move them if I had to. Which was a good idea because of how cold has been, was in the teens last night. Also I thought I would be able to control the nutes, watering, ect. better. I haven't harvested yet, but I will be happy with whatever it is. My wife and I tried a sample (picked a bud off it last week) today and we really liked the high and the taste. I think one more week for the one on the left, two for the other. Sorry starting to ramble. The one on the left is 38" and the right on 41.5".

Thanks. Yeah, I used Fox Farm Big Bloom with FF Ocean Forest soil. If it rained then I would skip that watering. I decided not to plant in the ground, just because I wanted to be able to move them if I had to. Which was a good idea because of how cold has been, was in the teens last night. Also I thought I would be able to control the nutes, watering, ect. better. I haven't harvested yet, but I will be happy with whatever it is. My wife and I tried a sample (picked a bud off it last week) today and we really liked the high and the taste. I think one more week for the one on the left, two for the other. Sorry starting to ramble. The one on the left is 38" and the right on 41.5".

NICE, let me know how the pull ends up..

vangs, just keep in mind that this plant has been growing outdoors for THOUSANDS of years without any problems. This plant knows what it's doing even if you don't. Read some good books and browse this site, its full of great info. I think a good rule of thumb is to plant after the soil warms up in the spring after last chance of frost. If you're worried about smell, some really fragrant plants between the meds and the neighbors might help with that. Look for some indica strains for naturally shorter plants. Your plants will flower naturally as days get shorter, just know that you probably won't harvest until early fall. Remember that everyone makes mistakes, its the best way to learn. Don't be discouraged by the learning curve, just know that there's a lot of help on the forums. Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom