SOS. germing and cracked, what soil do i use

hank almighty

hello there again everybody, i currently cant get to a hydro shop so the nerest place for me to get some soil is b&q, they have a few to chose from but i have no knowledge in this area as im a newbie at this wonderful sport :) the one that draws me the most is an ericaceous compost for acid loving plants but i dont know if its too strong or not, ive had a few people tell me to get plain old multipurpose compost but someone told me that is was alkali. i need to know soon because the seeds are coming to 24 hours so any help would be muchley appreciated, you can find most of the soils on b&q website. thank you too all that have the power to help. speak to you soon

B&Q | DIY Products at Everyday Low Prices | DIY at B&Q{9372012}%2fcategories%3C{9372020}%2fcategories%3C{9372095}%2fspecificationsProductType%3dcomposts___fertilisers&fh_eds=%C3%9F&&_requestid=64061

peace, love and mushrooms til the day i die :hippy:

Well, most people get the soil BEFORE they germ the seeds.:hmmmm:

Get a straight seedling mix, no added nutes or anything fancy.

No 'for acid loving plants', no 'alkali', just SEEDLING mix.:yummy:

You can get creative when they are big enough to transplant.

DD

cheers fella, and yes i know, not the wisest thing to do :scratchinghead: told you i was a newb lol
the plan was to put the seeds in humid and then go to the hole in the wall (atm) but i was using my mates card to borrow off and i forgot his pin, taped it in 3 times wrong so it locked it up on me lol.
i had to wait till today to get it. ive only got 1 seed cracked at the mo so it will be a few more days, i think i gonna start a journal in the next week or so, ill start it when they crack the surface of the soil, thanks for the help and the sarcastic humor mate ;)

hope to hear from you all soon love hank

That's not sarcastic, that's dry Southern wit.:rofl:

Just get the seedling mix and remember seedlings need NO nutes for close to a month.

The cotlydons ( the very first leaves that appear), supply all the nutes needed for the seedling. When those drop off and you have a few sets of 'true' leaves, then 1/4 strength nutes to start.

DD

if you mean nutes as in the fancy stuff in bottles and wot not i dont tend to use them, i use horse manure in a stocking in a bucket of water, i used it last time but i think the mix i used was too rich, so as you said keep it to small quantities. and also as i said in a previous post i was gonna wait til they were about 8 inches before i add it and i was planning on 1/16 and doubling as i go along and take it down to 1/2 at flowering, any advice?

love hank :grinjoint:

Horse is fine, but avoid fresh, it's too hot and will burn. Old and composted should work just fine with the method you use.

It's a lot easier to add more than to try and take it out.

DD

Back
Top Bottom