A better phrased question for the experts

Knightsmoke

Here goes.

Say I wanted to combine my "mother room" with my "clone room".

Say I hung a big 400watt MH over the mother (16 hours ON 8 hours OFF) and 3-6 feet away I hung some CF's over some clones (24hours ON).

Here's the question.

Will the light from the CF's running 24/7 be "harmful" to the vegging mother during her "dark period" ?

"Thanks"
:cool:

not an expert,(they will be around later..lol), but I wouldn't think so, since you are in veg, but, why not run them all at 18/6, then you could have a shelf next to the mother, and use the 400 for both the nursery, mother, and some small veggin plants... use the cfl's for some side lighting if needed, help tease out new shoots/clones,

Should be fine.
I would just try and keep it consistent, and not mess with the light cycle once its running.

You really don't need that much light (400w MH), for the mothers and it's waaaaay too much for clones.

The CFL's should be enough for both (might need to add a couple more), on whatever cycle you like.

DD

I run my clone's on 24 hours of light and i veg. on 24 hours, not once have i had a problem. However, I do know people that like going 18 hours on for veg. and 6 off. For cloning they go 24 hours on. Whenever the lights are off i like it completely dark. So if you want it lights out than make sure no light leaks or you might get some hermies.

Back
Top Bottom