A bit Concerned with my stem

Kryptic916

I know that alot of beginners over worry. over analyze and I'm hoping thats all this is, but I feel as though my stems are a bit thin. Their starting to have trouble standing tall when their being moved and seem to sway alot. I am using nutes called MaxiGrow 1 Tbl Spoon per gallon. Once weekly. They dont seem to be reaching (I did buy a teen from a local shop that was). I use a 3 Inch Fan with indirect flow under fluorescents. Also using 5 Gallon buckets.

I am just concerned cuz I don't know if it would even be able to hold up when I start to flower it.

It says I can post direct pics cuz Im a newbie so I'll attach links to my photobucket. Please let me know if I am doing something wrong and what can be dont to fix them. I appreciate it and sorry if I am just over worrying

th_IMG_1243.jpg

th_IMG_1244.jpg

It's kinda hard to tell from the picture, but it does look a little skinny. You didn't mention how tall it is. A picture of the full plant would give us a better idea. There is always the option of topping it to thicken the stem growth.

Again not sure on how big it is but a 5 gallon pot for a plant that small sounds like it may be a bit much.

I posted a pic in my introduction thread which was my first post.
I uploaded them to the gallery and then linked them to the thread.

You have to provide more information for us to help.

How many cfl's?

Are the cfl's 6500k or 2700k?

What's the wattage (true watts)?

How tall is the plant?

Also, go say hello in the introduction thread, everyone is going to want to meet you.

Sorry Guys didn't mean to leave out so much info. I have 4 Total Bulbs 3 Wide Spectrum and one blueish day spectrum (Closest guess based on the 420 grow guide I read on here) All 40 Watt (What is printed on the bulb, they were basically hand me down from a friend.) I bought the five gallon pots because The blue dream that we had outdoor choked the other plants within a 4 foot radius out, so I was worried. Now I am thinking I may need to downgrade to 3 Gallon on my next crop.

First one is Chem 91 B and is about 28 inches tall.
th_Chem91BResize8-27.jpg

Second one is Blue Dream She is about 26 Inches tall.
th_BlueDreamResize8-27.jpg

Thank you for all your help. I will head over to the intro forum. After this post.

Light source too far above and that promote stretching. The energy in growth goes into elongating the branches to reach for light instead of building up stock. Place those lights 1/2 foot away from the canopy and your plants will love it. If you have room, supercrop or LST them and move the lights closer. In 1-2 weeks the stem will thicken, side branches become main branches, and your plant will double in size.

Back
Top Bottom