Stem seems short and thin - Any concerns?

Iguana Man

Just wondering if I should be worried about my 15 day old (since breaking ground) plant. It's a Bianca. 85% Indica 15% Sativa. Mars Hydro300 24" above plant on a 18/6 cycle. Temps been around 77 average with 35-37% humidity. 6" wide pot (at top) filled with 1/3 each Happy Frog potting soil, coco, and perlite. No nutes. Just water with correct ph.

That said, does my stem seem okay? It appears on the flimsy/thin side but this is my first grow. I've got a fan running giving a slight breeze on it so maybe I'm just over worrying but it seems like the leaves are too big for the stem.

Thoughts?

Stem15.jpg
Top85.jpg

good job on the first grow so far! If you have a fan gently blowing it around then it will thicken up with time. It looks completely normal for the age! :goodjob:

You are doing the light thingy correctly if you have a short stem. Most of us are plagued with seedlings that have stretched too far due to inadequate light. The stem will thicken up if you have a small fan blow on it enough to rustle the plant a bit.

Appreciate the support. So having new nodes (I'm pretty sure I've got 3 now) that are stacked right on top of one another is okay too? I'm used to seeing them separated by more, but it's only day 16 since she broke ground so . . . ??

Appreciate the support. So having new nodes (I'm pretty sure I've got 3 now) that are stacked right on top of one another is okay too? I'm used to seeing them separated by more, but it's only day 16 since she broke ground so . . . ??

Naw, it is just fine. You get all kinds of shapes and sizes from the same strain, if grown from seed. Bushy plants are fun. Lots of opportunities for cloning, and options for training, if necessary. :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom