Concerns about my seedlings

Wintastic

Hi,

I'm new to growing, but I've done months worth of research. My seedlings poked through the soil growing medium I am using just a day ago. The soil is just potting soil with some perlite, no nutrients at all. The strain I am growing is "Train Wreck". I used feminized seeds. I have three concerns about my seedlings so far.

8GqZ7iH.jpg

1. Is the purple / red stem normal or should I be concerned? I read that this could be a sign of some nutrient deficiency, but I have also read that this is normal for some strains.

2. The both seem kind "leggy" or stretched, especially the one on the right. I have them about 2-3 inches away from 6x23w 6500K CFLs. I am doing an 18/6 cycle. While the stems are pretty thick for seedlings as far as I can tell, I am concerned that they are too stretchy.

3. The one on the right had not "shed" its shell. I have read that this is pretty normal, and the shell should will just fall off in a few days. Is this something to be concerned about?

Any advice or experience shared would be really appreciated!

Hi,

I'm new to growing, but I've done months worth of research. My seedlings poked through the soil growing medium I am using just a day ago. The soil is just potting soil with some perlite, no nutrients at all. The strain I am growing is "Train Wreck". I used feminized seeds. I have three concerns about my seedlings so far.

8GqZ7iH.jpg

1. Is the purple / red stem normal or should I be concerned? I read that this could be a sign of some nutrient deficiency, but I have also read that this is normal for some strains.

2. The both seem kind "leggy" or stretched, especially the one on the right. I have them about 2-3 inches away from 6x23w 6500K CFLs. I am doing an 18/6 cycle. While the stems are pretty thick for seedlings as far as I can tell, I am concerned that they are too stretchy.

3. The one on the right had not "shed" its shell. I have read that this is pretty normal, and the shell should will just fall off in a few days. Is this something to be concerned about?

Any advice or experience shared would be really appreciated!

They look fine, but you might want to try to assist getting the seed husk off the other one or it won't quite keep up with the others. It's not getting light right now. Try spraying it with some water to soften it up and make it more pliable. Just be sure that you hold the main stem with one hand while pulling on the husk with the other, because you can still very easily pull the root up at this point. It will probably work its way out on its own eventually, but won't grow as fast as the others.

Took the cover off because I thought airflow would be good. Huge mistake. Things are dead now. Moron of the year award here.

Took the cover off because I thought airflow would be good. Huge mistake. Things are dead now. Moron of the year award here.

Are you sure there dead and not in shock my clones or seedlings always go into shock for a day or two with the massive change in humidity it's quite normal for them to look like they've curled over and died???

Back
Top Bottom