A cheap way to add CO2?

ChiliConCarnage

420 Member
I've been trying to come up with a cheap way to provide CO2 to my plant, and I have an idea, but is it viable do you think? I would post an amazon link, but I'm not sure if I'm allowed.

I read that you can get slow-release CO2 tablets, I guess meant for aquariums or something. Would a water-bottle with a perforated tube going up through the plant with these tablets give a good amount?

Is it worth the extra work... Ive seen people hang bottles of Co2.... Pro set ups would shut down the exhaust when they crank up the co2 tanks.. There is no crank up on these bottles and the amount of air pulling through the grow space would clear it out anyways.. I dont see any value unless your tanking it and its a large garden...

Hey Gala! Thanks for the reply. Are you saying don't bother with CO2 at all, or that I need a more professional setup? I really can't afford the latter, hence the attempt at finding a cheap solution.

My setup allows for limiting airflow, or just temporarily cancelling it. Also, I kind of figured that winding a perforated tube around the branches and leaves of the plant would let it absorb the CO2 more quickly and directly, but you don't think so? Now, I realize that my ventilation is vastly overpowered compared to the size of the op, so I can definitively see your point.

Are there any other options for doing this cheaply?

I recommend first of all to get a grow tent... and a exhaust fan thats equip with a speed control for the smaller grow spaces. Dont go out and add a speed control to your current blower... you will only get a humming noise and burn the fan out... They dont work properly... Also, the florescent light is not strong enough for co2... Id back off on the co2. your to small to make a big investment to do it right... Also... look into the QB lighting.. Its a new diode made by samsung and people are getting blown away by them...... Unfortunately i wont be of any help for now on.. Ive decided to move on after a bad call on the website... i mentioned its illegal to send seeds internationally and they flagged me... However they do themselves.. You will be able to find me under going bonsai mid october on Youtube .. cheers and good luck... Ive tried to remove my account but they changed my member name to pad their membership numbers... lmao.... Best of luck....

How much yeast in a 2 liter bottle would I use? How long would it last?

How much yeast in a 2 liter bottle would I use? How long would it last?
Hi,
First of all, in what ever size of bottle, you need to have it 3/4 filled with water.
And one bag of dried yeast with a hand full of sugar ( 2 table spoons) last about a week. Remember to close the lid properly and open the bottle away from your face, because it goes boom.

Back
Top Bottom