Co2 Bags

tommyb88

iv been looking at co2 bags as a cheap way to try out co2 in the grow room so have a few questions, is there such thing as too much co2 for a plant?

Also the instructions say to hang it in your grow room above the plants but am i missing something, i understand that co2 is heavier than oxygen and will sink to the bottom but wont my exhaust fan just suck it all out anyway especially if it higher up close to the filter.

Thanks in advance

I have a good connection for Co2 if you would like my contact. It works like the bags but way better output. What I do is have a timer turn fan off for a hour. With co2 plants can handle higher temp well. I do not go over 1500ppm co2. The roots need oxygen as well lol.

is that 1500ppm in any size grow space or is there variables, i will be in a 4x4 with 1000w cool tube 6" , also the fan has a thermostat temp control on it if that helps?
oh yeh i will be growing in soil in air pots and using an aquarium air pump to oxygenate the feeding water.

Never really used co2 before so just looking into cheap and easy methods to try it out see if i can learn something new i can add to my growing

also heard something about not giving them co2 when lights off and the bag instructions say just hang it up and leave it in there

Any size grow area for 1500pmm or less. Plants do not take up co2 with lights off. That is the time they are using the stored co2 not taking in. Bags you leave in until no longer work. Thats about 4-6 months I think. I use buckets not bags. I got a web site for you to look at. Let me know what you think

yeh send me the link on here thanks , what do you think on the exhaust fan sucking out the co2 as it comes out the bag so making it worthless

I just have timer turn fan off for a hour while lights are on. Yes when fans are on it wast co2 but nothing can be done about that. It is just a cheep way. My favorite way is using dry ice. I will be doing a video on that soon.

i was thinking of placing the bag just above the pots so as the co2 is released and sucked out by the fan it will pass through the plant. In theory i think that would be less of a waste of co2 or its just a complety stupid idea on my part haha

I just have timer turn fan off for a hour while lights are on. Yes when fans are on it wast co2 but nothing can be done about that. It is just a cheep way. My favorite way is using dry ice. I will be doing a video on that soon.

Please be careful CO Finest with dry ice. It can be qute deadly in an enclosed environment. When the walk-in refrigerator at my wife's work went out, someone decided it would be a good idea to put dry ice in the walk-in to keep the specimens cool. Well after only a few minutes people going into the walk-in started to feel dizzy and one person even passed out in the walk-in and these people were only in there for a few seconds, well under a minute. Other employees trying to remove the unconscious employee almost passed out themselves a very bad situation all the way around. FWIW, PPM CO2 for plants should be under 2,000 to avoid toxicity, 10,000 PPM CO2 causes dizziness in humans, over 100,000 PPM CO2 will cause death.

I have a good connection for Co2 if you would like my contact. It works like the bags but way better output. What I do is have a timer turn fan off for a hour. With co2 plants can handle higher temp well. I do not go over 1500ppm co2. The roots need oxygen as well lol.

Hey CO Finest, can I also get the co2 contact?

I am not allowed to give contacts on 420mag. I got in trouble for helping. Hit me up on YouTube or skype

Hi CO Finest,

We are sorry to hear that you are confused about our guidelines and have been offended in some way, however please let me assure you that you have not gotten "in trouble for helping". Maybe I can help shed some light on the subject for you. There is a big difference between giving a reference link to a non sponsored grow supply product once in a while vs heavily promoting a nutrient company by giving away free nutes to do sponsored grow journals geared toward promoting the nute business. This privilege is reserved for our sponsors due to the simple fact that if we allowed everyone to do what you are attempting, who would need to sponsor us? It's just not fair to us or our sponsors who pay the bills here, for you to have a place to hang your hat, learn, share and make friends. Unfortunately, too many bad seeds in the past have ruined it for the rest of you, by using this same exact tactic to sidestep advertising and promote to sell their products here for free. In no way are we saying you did this intentionally, however hope this helps explain a little more about the difference between reference and promotion. We are currently working to expand our reasoning in the advisory template for this offense and thank you for your understanding and support. :Namaste:

I am not allowed to give contacts on 420mag. I got in trouble for helping. Hit me up on YouTube or skype

Hi CO Finest,

We are sorry to hear that you are confused about our guidelines and have been offended in some way, however please let me assure you that you have not gotten "in trouble for helping". Maybe I can help shed some light on the subject for you. There is a big difference between giving a reference link to a non sponsored grow supply product once in a while vs heavily promoting a nutrient company by giving away free nutes to do sponsored grow journals geared toward promoting the nute business. This privilege is reserved for our sponsors due to the simple fact that if we allowed everyone to do what you are attempting, who would need to sponsor us? It's just not fair to us or our sponsors who pay the bills here, for you to have a place to hang your hat, learn, share and make friends. Unfortunately, too many bad seeds in the past have ruined it for the rest of you, by using this same exact tactic to sidestep advertising and promote to sell their products here for free. In no way are we saying you did this intentionally, however hope this helps explain a little more about the difference between reference and promotion. We are currently working to expand our reasoning in the advisory template for this offense and thank you for your understanding and support. :Namaste:

I understand. Thank you for the message. Just to make it clear to my friends I am in no way sponsored and will never put my self to be bought buy any company. I just look for deals to help out and do the leg work. I appreciate you taking the time to explain in more detail. I did not mean to step on anyone's toes. Happy growing to you all and I wish you all the best.

May I have the link for using Co2, please? Thank you, Co

Back
Top Bottom