CO2 source up high or down low?

EZCalyx

Do you add CO2 into your grow room or tent? Do you have the input source down low or high up in your grow area? I am concerned of utilizing as much of the CO2 as possible before it is exhausted out of the area. I intake cool air low and exhaust warm air high. So general airflow is swirling upward in my grow tent. I input CO2 down low so that it mixes with air and eventually works its way upwards. I’ve heard some people input CO2 up high so that it sinks because it is heavier than air. I think if it is input up high it’ll tend to get mostly exhausted before it falls down. So, what do you think?

Do you add CO2 into your grow room or tent?

you really have to be dialed to make it work. almost sealed environment.

Do you have the input source down low or high up in your grow area? I am concerned of utilizing as much of the CO2 as possible before it is exhausted out of the area.

we ran commercial app bags. but it was a larger indoor licensed grow. room in room sealed environments.

intake cool air low and exhaust warm air high. So general airflow is swirling upward in my grow tent. I input CO2 down low so that it mixes with air and eventually works its way upwards. I’ve heard some people input CO2 up high so that it sinks because it is heavier than air. I think if it is input up high it’ll tend to get mostly exhausted before it falls down. So, what do you think?

this is one of the funny shits about home growers using c02.

yes it needs to be high up to have any effect. yes, all of it is sucked out in a home grow if the scrubber fan is installed proper at the top of the tent.

in a room in room grow, the scrubber is installed in the outer room, properly vented to outdoor.
that is when c02 becomes effective in the inner room grow spaces. every other time it's just guys fooling themselves into spending money for bugger all.

It sounds like you have some sort of disdain for home growers?

anything but. i only have disdain for folk being fooled in to spending money they don't need to.

home growing will probably wind up saving weed for everyone.

i only have disdain for folk being fooled in to spending money they don't need to.

That’s an interesting opinion. So if I enjoy a hobby, say skateboarding, and you think that’s a waste of money then I have been fooled? You are making wild assumptions then judging people harshly based off an assumption. And if someone spends money because they enjoy what they are doing then I think it’s pretty arrogant to judge someone as being fooled. That’s just my opinion though. I have disdain for people who have been fooled to vote for democrats. Isn’t it great to have freedom to express our opinions?

That’s an interesting opinion. So if I enjoy a hobby, say skateboarding, and you think that’s a waste of money then I have been fooled?

never even got close to that. if you enjoy riding go for it.
buy the board, helmet, pads if you roll that way.
i'll never disagree. good on ya.

how about the kicks that goes with it ? they necessary ?
there's a go pro too, want that ?
oh yeah, the tube channel. should you roll out all new gear every post for the likes ?

at what point are you the joke at the park ?

me, i just like to ride.

it's the same with everything. the best aren't that serious about themselves..

if you wanna roll c02. do it.

For CO2 to really be effective, you must monitor the PPM's constantly, have a sealed environment (like @bluter said), you also have to run at high light intensity and higher temps (85-90). You also have to be able to exhaust to outdoors, while CO2 isn't like CO, (which will actively kill you), breathing too high a CO2 content can give you a headache, and in extreme cases can displace enough O2 to eventually cause serious breathing problems. For most home growers it's a waste of money for minimal results. Certainly, if you can get the room sealed, monitored, and dialed in, and want to give it a go, it won't hurt anything unless the CO2 levels get too high. The thing you have to weigh is does the cost of the CO2 and monitoring equipment give you enough additional quality product to justify the cost? Your call.

at what point are you the joke at the park ?

100% as soon as I start judging people like you do.

For CO2 to really be effective, you must monitor the PPM's constantly, have a sealed environment (like @bluter said), you also have to run at high light intensity and higher temps (85-90). You also have to be able to exhaust to outdoors, while CO2 isn't like CO, (which will actively kill you), breathing too high a CO2 content can give you a headache, and in extreme cases can displace enough O2 to eventually cause serious breathing problems. For most home growers it's a waste of money for minimal results. Certainly, if you can get the room sealed, monitored, and dialed in, and want to give it a go, it won't hurt anything unless the CO2 levels get too high. The thing you have to weigh is does the cost of the CO2 and monitoring equipment give you enough additional quality product to justify the cost? Your call.

So, with all of that aside, on top or on bottom?

So, with all of that aside, on top or on bottom?

ignoring insults .. careful if you have pets on a bottom feed. cats especially.
you don't want them getting bottled up in the same area. dogs are better, but still be wary.

and no one was attacking you. thanks for the auto reflexive response.

Hiya @EZCalyx :ciao:
Hope your day is being kind to you
When I had a bigger setup, I used to run CO2 - from the top with a circulator at the bottom to push it up again
It worked best if I sequenced CO2/extractor/CO2/extractor every 15 mins
The cost and effort were not worth the bother to me, easier to just push more fresh air through

Hiya @EZCalyx :ciao:
Hope your day is being kind to you
When I had a bigger setup, I used to run CO2 - from the top with a circulator at the bottom to push it up again
It worked best if I sequenced CO2/extractor/CO2/extractor every 15 mins
The cost and effort were not worth the bother to me, easier to just push more fresh air through
Hello Roy, I hope your day is being kinder to you than usual. It's nice when people offer explanations with their opinions.

You need to run 1:1 PPFD/PPM...If your light can push 1400 on the par map over a 5x5..and you can rock 1400 ppm co2...you're gravy baby...what you need to dial in is your feeding....girls will be hungry and if you grow organic it can be a challenge.
Cool! I was just curious what others have done that works. I prefer to keep learning and looking into new methods. It's cool when others offer ideas instead of just trying to insult you for being curious.

I ran a two tier vertical grow for a while SOG style...we would root clones for 2 weeks...move them into 2gal soil blend and put them in the flower room and veg them for 2 weeks...then we flip to flower when they about 12-18"tall. All of this is on a 4' x 8' pallet rack...4 hlg scorpion diablos per rack...100 plants per rack....20 racks per room...4 flower rooms... I really had to dial it in to get us to the ounce a plant baseline. I could never have made my bonus without co2...this was done 100% organic too.

I ran a two tier vertical grow for a while SOG style...we would root clones for 2 weeks...move them into 2gal soil blend and put them in the flower room and veg them for 2 weeks...then we flip to flower when they about 12-18"tall. All of this is on a 4' x 8' pallet rack...4 hlg scorpion diablos per rack...100 plants per rack....20 racks per room...4 flower rooms... I really had to dial it in to get us to the ounce a plant baseline. I could never have made my bonus without co2...this was done 100% organic too.
That sounds fun and epic. I'd love to grow cannabis commercially and large scale.

if you're running commercial bottles they are about 3 ft tall. the valves and dispenser screw on top. you can leave the bottles on the floor or lift them a little. works out about perfect. you want them between mid height to canopy top. leave them at least 2 - 3 foot under the extractor.

co2 is heavier than air, but if you have a decent extractor in the space it'll get sucked out on a top feed. if you run room in room with the extractor in the outside room you can run a top feed.

edit : upper or top feed is always better. the space has to be planned for it though.

it helps to have circulation fans at mid to upper height moving the c02 and air as well. that's standard even without though.

I really had to dial it in to get us to the ounce a plant baseline. I could never have made my bonus without co2...this was done 100% organic too.

sog aside i wouldn't run it for just an ounce per. that's a big push organic. hydro or flood and drain style no problem. i've never run anything bigger than 200. i think a grow your size would kill me lol.. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The client wanted harvest as quick as possible with his max plant count allowed on his big boy license in a very limited space.

i figured time was the issue. in ten yrs we only contracted one grow. that was enough ... :p

i'd never do that again. just too much tension for what was not the main business.

under our license we mostly ran as proxies for other folk, and could run 50% over the total of the combined licences. our own license only allowed 50 plants. what the proxies were allowed was the only thing that made it work. that raised our plant limit well above what our set up could handle.

we simply grew as much as we could handle and that was it. we didn't have to meet an order, simply put up for offer what we had. we did have to keep a decent selection though, and make sure to always have both cbd and thc based plants.

we also made pills and topicals. lots of med based stuff.

edit : i really don't know how you run a grow as large as yours. the work would kill me.

we worked as show production in the summer and only grew about 8 - 9 months as well. we stored product up for that period. it's really common here to run indoor through the fall and winter months.

Back
Top Bottom