a couple problems

MnJ530

Hey there, we are new to the forums and looking for some help. We started a hydro batch about 2 weeks ago. Starting out easy and only workin on 6 plants for now. But we keep getting yellowing leaves and some brown spots on a couple leave here and there. They did have a little bit of trauma when we first got them from being transplanted twice in 2 days...but they seemed to spring back pretty quick. These problems started about a week later.

I keep the ph between 5.7 and 6.0 and the nutrients that we are using is Earthjuice. I know its not very good but we are just gettin started are testing things out to get the feel for it before we start buying the good stuff.

Thanks for you input =-)

Earthjuice microblast
Earthjuice catalyst
Earthjuice base grow formula.
400 watt metal halide
Temp stays about 70-75 degrees

testing1060.jpg

testing1056.jpg

testing1054.jpg

testing1057.jpg

You've definitely got some nute issues going on with these plants.

Have you done a flush yet? And start with a fresh batch of nutes?
When was the last time you did a reservoir change?
Do you know what the PPM or EC is of your nute mixture?
What's the base water you are using, Tap or RO? Hard water?

These items will help with offering you some suggestions.

SF

We are using tap water that I balance the ph in before I put the plants in it. The nutes are:

Earthjuice microblast 1 tsp per gallon

Earthjuice catalyst 1/2 tsp per gallon

Earthjuice base grow formula. 1 tsp per gallon

...this is in a 4gal reservoir(but only using 3gals at someones suggestion) that I change every 4-5 days as well as new nutes with the change of course. I dont know what PPM or EC stands for though and as far as flushing I was told by someone else that you shouldnt do that so soon after a transplant...but it has been about 2 weeks since we did that so it might be time...so how would I go about doin this?

Thanks

So we're on the same page, please forgive me if my questions may sound redundant, or repetitive, it's just my process and only want to help you out.

You mentioned you balance the PH before you put the plants in. How are you mixing your nutes?

It should be,
water first,
then nutes mixed in water,
then balance your PH.

PPM or EC are measurements that are taken to determine how much "electrical conductivity" is present in whatever you are testing. PPM stands for parts per million. Your water has a "base" PPM that can help determine whether your water is considered hard, or soft. By having an idea of what your PPM is, you can add your nutes according to a feeding calculator, keeping in a range that MJ plants are favorable to. Also by knowing the base condition of the water you are using, you'll be able to tell if you really should be using RO water (reverse osmosis) or something more "pure", then your tap water. You may need to add Cal-Mag.

Now, I'm not familiar with your Nute mfg, Earthjuice. So I can't speak to the specifics of what may or may not be incorrect. I assume you are feeding the proper amount of nutes according to what's on the bottles.

It would really be nice to know what your PPM is of your nutes. I think the first thing your going to need to do is purchase a meter. I don't know what your budgetary constrains are, but I believe they are as cheap as $35-$50. PPM's are helpful in determining the amount of nutes at different growth cycles.

Approx
400 PPM Seedlings
1000-1100 Growth
1300-1500 Bloom/Flower

How are you measuring your PH?

A "flush" is definitely called for at this point. You need to "wipe" the slate clean with your nutes and start fresh. To flush, just run tap water, ph balanced for 24 hours, then do another reservoir change, and add a fresh batch of nutes.

Another subject.
How do your roots on your plants look?
What color are the roots?
Whats the water temperature of your reservoir?

Finally, it looks like your setup is basically a "Deep Water Culture" setup and there are tons and tons of those guys around here. I'm going to recommend that you check out this thread for a bunch of info.

Think that's enough for you to digest at this point. Let me know any follow up questions you may have.

SF

Yea im balancing the ph after i put the nutes in. As far as all the other stuff ill have to get back to you on those. Thanks for the info and ill update soon as I can.

Thanks

Back
Top Bottom