A Deficiency or Disease? Got pics, could really use some input

mark89

REQUIRED INFORMATION FOR GROW SUPPORT

What Strain is it? 4 grape ape,5 headband,2 unknown9 ogkush
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? Believe all sativa
How Many Plants? 20
Is it in Vegetative or Flowering Stage? Veg.
If in Vegetative Stage... How Long? 3 weeks. No growth this past week
Indoor or Outdoor? indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil
If Soil... What is in your Mix? Sun pro mix small bag of wm castings a bail
If Soil... What Size Pot? 6 inch to 7 gal.
Size (Wattage) of Light? How Many? 4 total 2 off, 2 on, 1,000 watt hortelux blue
Is it Air Cooled? When it needs it yes. Theres ac in the room
Temperature of Room/Cabinet? 68 on a cold day 74 — 80 lights on 18/6
RH of Room/Cabinet? ?
PH of Medium or Reservoir? Ph my water between 6.0 and 6.3
Any Pests? Don't see any. Looked with magnifyer
How Often are you Watering? Feed ever other time every couple of days,
Type and Strength of Fertilizers used? ½ cal mag. Ph water.
Size or Square Footage of Room? 10 X 10

Leaves are spotting, curling up like a claw on the ends, some turn black on the edges. The stems on the affected leaves are brittle, break easily. Don't bend. I had this exact same problem a month ago with ones from a different source, different strain, different room.

Not a nute burn, fed them the same as i always have. and have only given them 1/2 cal mag with water every other time. Flushed the hell out of them 3 days ago. leafs still turning and plants still dying. HELP!!!!!
IMG_009221.JPG
IMG_008718.JPG
IMG_008121.JPG
IMG_006819.JPG
IMG_007018.JPG
IMG_006917.JPG
IMG_006621.JPG
IMG_006115.JPG
IMG_006620.JPG
IMG_006020.JPG

over watering at first glance...

o2def

that necrosis is normally a p def that results from a ph imbalance.

I like 68's approach. What happened?lol.

cal-mag as a fert? Cal-mag is in dolmanite lime and epsom salt; I use it rarely as a corrective, maybe once through the whole grow if at all. I never heard of using it as a fertilizer.
Ditto FrankF; claw leaves indicate a P deficiency and I bet the ph is off by using the cal-mag as often. Also, Those brown edges show something's burning em; worm castings is hot pure N; I'm not familiar with sun soil but the N-P-K content along with the time frame before ferts are needed is listed on the package. I'm hoping its your camera because even the green of the leaves looks off. Good luck hope you solve it soon.

i mix 1/3 bag of worm castings to 1 full bag fox farm ocean forest.
youve see the results. everyone thinks hot! chit ive not seen one bit yet. only doing for awhile. maybe 4 yrs. ill watch closer!
peace

The only thing I've changed in the grow is I used worm casting on some this time. none on the last set. the last set had the same problem. I also tried some with cow shit, some with chicken shit, some with a little cocoo mixed in and some with just sun pro mix. (the same soil I've been using for 4 years.{new soil of course}) I've tried adding different mixes trying to get the best results. I stopped feeding once they started showing signs of problems. Used only 1/2 bal-mag twice. the hydro store recommended that. since then been using only ph balance water. The curled leaves were present before i flushed and i only watered every 2-3 days. depending on how light the pot felt and how dry the soil felt. they are not dying as quick as the last set. actually none have died so far. but they've all stopped growing and just look not heathly with some of the leaves spotted, curled, wilted etc. not all this round
theses ones seem to be hanging on longer then the last ones did. the last set died within a week or two. only difference there is they were in my smaller room (starter room) with a 400 watt light where these onesare in my bigger room (actual grow and flower room) with 2 1000 watt Hortalux Blue lights. Both bulbs new

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The only thing I've changed in the grow is I used worm casting on some this time. none on the last set. the last set had the same problem. I also tried some with cow shit, some with chicken shit, some with a little cocoo mixed in and some with just sun pro mix. (the same soil I've been using for 4 years.{new soil of course}) I've tried adding different mixes trying to get the best results. I stopped feeding once they started showing signs of problems. Used only 1/2 bal-mag twice. the hydro store recommended that. since then been using only ph balance water. The curled leaves were present before i flushed and i only watered every 2-3 days. depending on how light the pot felt and how dry the soil felt. they are not dying as quick as the last set. actually none have died so far. but they've all stopped growing and just look not heathly with some of the leaves spotted, curled, wilted etc. not all this round
theses ones seem to be hanging on longer then the last ones did. the last set died within a week or two. only difference there is they were in my smaller room (starter room) with a 400 watt light where these onesare in my bigger room (actual grow and flower room) with 2 1000 watt Hortalux Blue lights. Both bulbs new

how close were the lights?
what type ventalation?
how much of the worm castings?
did you say you used superthrive?
so this is the third grow with similsr results?
i see a few different things but im n expert. the neuts. almost look out of balance somehow? you make or get clones elsewhere. same place?
if it were myself having these troubles, id change everything. growing material, containers, neuts., ect. i can not emagine the frustration! ive been there, patients and alot of it was and is needed. i still learn! its for my pain so i guess i pay attention.
my heart pours out to you. peace!
do they recover to ever produce? next question, have you ever grown this strain before without the problems? if so how did they compair in weight?
simple then improve with repeatable techs. ive tried all kinds of things and find certain aspectes not needed.
organics not as tough as youd think. unless your already using it.
best of vibes your way for a great grow!
peace

68 Camaro makes a valid point about the containers the plants were grown in. plastics can absorb chemicals and although yours look like bog standard garden pots maybe they were sprayed with that monsta santo roundup shit in a previous life.

But in your case it looks like a severe case of fucked up nutrients.

I've posted elsewhere that at the end of the day the cannabis plant is a hardy weed, will grow under all types of adverse conditions and the majority of problems comes from fertilising when they should just be left alone !! Everyone seems to spend all this money on fancy EXPENSIVE fertilisers, that they really dont understand then seem to proceed to O.D. their plants with constant over fertilising.

Just my opinion - not trying to start a fight.

lights are 2 to 3 above plants
have a carbon cannister filter ventalation comein thru 2 filtered 6" tubes from outside air and vents thru attic
less then 1/2 bag castings per bail. not all have casting in the soil. tried different mixes
no superthrive
2nd attempt. first set died. been doing this 3 to 4 years now and have NEVER had this problem
I used different containers, new soil from a different bail, different room. only difference is these ones aren't dying. they've just stopped growing and don't look healthy

how r ur bulbs? nice and new?
can you grow other strains?
or this happens every freakin grow?
dude i feel bad for you! this has got to suck!
no ones sabatoshing you right?
peace and better days

It does look like a nute burn. Been doing this 4 years now and have never had this problem. and not using anymore nutes then I've been successfully using for 4 years. 2nd set. first 30 little ones all died. new clones from different sources in a different room. these ones are starting to look alittle better, only 4 died, but they completely stopped growing for almost 2 weeks.
The only common denominator I can think of would be the water source. again the same water source I've been using for years. even the ventalation system is different between the rooms
Last night I did feed them (the ones that actually dry enough to water/feed) 1/2 Liquid Karma, Cal Mag and Botanicare's Pure Blend Grow. What ever it was they had/have was something I've never seen or experianced before. watching them die /stop growing was painful

I had a grow that looked just like that and couldn't figure it out either. I took a closer look at my grow nutes and it seemed like it wasn't fully dissolving anymore. I threw it out--it was botanicare cns 17 grow. I probably stored it too close to lights or something as it wasn't very old. Have no problems since then. Anyway, just a thought. good luck! :peace:

This cal/mag ur talking about Mark, what form does that take exactly ?? Is it an Epsom Salts mix ??. IF you ever have to use it , once is all it takes. You seem to be dosing it fairly regularly and could be part of the problem.

And Chevy Dude makes a very valid point again. . . . You absolutely certain that no one is sabotaging your grow ?? poisoning it somehow ?? fallen out with anyone, or someone in a shitty with you ?? although it's been my experience that these people tend to either rip you off (well,try !!) or else they "drop a dime" (I belive is the colloquiolism in the usa) on you but anything is possible when it comes to jilted ex's or fallen-out-with partners.

Me, I'd probably stop using any fertilisers at all, zip, nada and just water them as required for a week or so. Don't panic or rush any "fixes" Take ya time and think about things b4 acting. It can't hurt any more than they r hurting now !!

no ones poisoning them. too few people know and those that do arent here very much. I'm the only one in the room(s). the last 2 nights (day time for them) I've seem improvement. Tonight i notice new growth PHEW!!! Been using only 1/2 nutes sinceflushing. Tried that cns 17 once, found the same problem. actually left a film on top. threw the rest away. 2 years ago. don't know if I'll ever figure what it was. just glad its going away and pray it never comes back. Thanks for all the imput. I'll keep you updated

I never understand why people using soil put so much fert on their plants. In soil, it usually starts out having A good blend of npk. Why people add so much salt to their grow confuses me.
If you start out with good soil, in a 5 gallon, and just use regular light waterngs of RO water, a good guideline is to wait until your 6th fan leaf is turned yellow, like 7 weeks into the grow, before adding fertilizers. At this point a single dose of a powder 6-23-15 npk will last out the grow. Sure the fans turn yellow but the bud develops just fine. And this is a secret to growing soil..... Instead of constant fertilizer, add in b-12, kelp, thrive, and other low npk additives instead of fertilizer.

I know a guy that had a new clone on Durban fem in his yard. He sunk her into a bucket with large holes in the bottom, ocean forest straight, left that thing outside, to catch the side sprinkle of his automatic lawn waterings, and in October he had the bomb. He didn't add anything didn't do anything, the bud was nice, Plant was 7 feet tall, full sun. Now that's a secret, liwea.

I like straight hydro, because after years of soil forgotten, I like the control and constant 100% conditions. I like that the bugs have nowhere to live. It's clean, and when you reset a problem back to normal, the reset is instant.

These could be snsetive ladies and that overwater droop is also shown when there is too much salt in the base, dehydrating them when they are wet. Maybe that was it.

Way to go Frank, good answer . . .I "liked" you for it . . . and I do believe it's my first "like" . . . just don't read too much into that though will you ! ? ! ? ! :icon_cool.

My mate uses home made compost with horse manure (dried and sprinkled into) in 20 litre buckets, drainage holes and 5ml of pea gravel underneath. Uses 1 feed of fishbased formular during veging - 4 to 5 weeks. Then a low nitrogen based fert 4 to 5 weeks into flowering with a further orchid food (NPK of 4-12-14) at 7 weeks and thats it. . . and there ain't anything wrong with the size, hardness or quality of the smoke !! Only problem is them funken spider mites !!

Back
Top Bottom