A few more questions...

Aristotle420

So i have a full light setup, carbon filter etc. and im getting ready to rig up a closet...

understand soil,
understand pots,
germination and light times,
understand strains,

?'s

nutes -- what will i need and when should i start using them

should i buy CFL's to go around the plants...

and LST -- ive read some of the journals and think i understand it but i need some more gudance... should i tie the plants down over (once they get big enough) so the majority of the main stem is lateral...

and how long to flower and then how long to bud...?

Nutes are user optional. By that I mean each user uses what they like the best. I prefer a single bottle for grow and a single bottle for flower. There's a nutrient called pure blend pro and it's almost organic. They make two types of this. One for hydroponics and another for soil and coco coir. I supplement with kool bloom during flower when I decide to.lol Your soil should have plenty of nutrients in it to last the first 7 to 10 days. Then start adding nutrient at 1/4 strength and work up to full strength over a 10 to 14 day period. Too strong too early burns babies.
What type of lighting do you already have? CFL's around the babies would be alight but don't block air flow doing it.
Your idea of lst is fine but be careful. As they get older the stems turn woody and break easily. I use super cropping but that's not a beginner way of training. I grab my plant where I want it to bend at and roll the stem around with a lot of pressure until the hurd inside breaks and the stem becomes mushy. I then let the branch drop and it will form a knuckle where I crushed it at. This eliminates the need for ties all over the plant. But you should stick with the ties until you learn more. Flowering and budding are the same thing. Determining how long to flower requires watching the trichs to determine color. Read this...

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/how-know-when-harvest.56899/

To grow you veg a plant till it's about 1/3rd the height you want it to finish at. Then you switch to flower (lights on 12/12) and flower for 6 to 16 weeks depending on strain. A good indicator that plants are nearing harvest are a withering of the pystals. Click on and read this.

https://www.420magazine.com/community/threads/how-to-grow-marijuana-everything-you-need-to-know.81264/

All your questions will be answered in there.

Back
Top Bottom