A few questions about oil.

Big Rob

i know putting stems in acetone, soak. strain, then evaporate you will end up with oil. now. this may seem like i stupid question but i wanna make sure i dont ruin it.

Will putting roach weed in aswell as stems make the product better or worse? and will it give me more oil?

technically it should work, itll strip away all the thc in the roaches. might end up with a funky taste though

You're trying to make 'sh oil from STEMS? Oh man, I finally found someone that's more hard up than I am lol.

Hope you've got so many that you need to push them into the pot with a D9 'dozer.

Throw some decent crumbled-up bud in there, or at least some really crystally leaves from your last grow.

Or, if you've got nothing better than the stems, take a few razor blades (one'll get dull eventually) and carefully shave the stems' thin outer-layer off and continue doing so until you've got enough to fill a 2-liter bottle. We once did that and got a couple grams of oil. Took us about 11 months to gather that many stems though.

Yeah, roaches, buds, fan leaves, bud leaves, bud, and even stems will all help - everything but the seed, as long as it has at least SOME thc crystals on it.

Don't evaporate the acetone on a gas stove lol. Best bet is to use an electric hot-plate on low running outside. Oh yeah, stand UPwind.

Shouldn't need to Google it - there's bound to be a thread here somewhere, I would think.

They tend to frown upon the 'butane-steel-tube' method around here.

<SHRUGS>

Not everyone frowns upon it. Important to use pure(sic) butane - something that'll quickly and cleanly evaporate when you spray a good test puddle onto a mirror or piece of glass - and of course piping material that the butane cannot dissolve (stainless certainly qualifies). And definitely do it OUTSIDE where there is fresh air and absolutely no possible ignitor for the butane (it only takes a spark to light a BIC, remember - and there's a lot less butane in a little lighter than what a person runs through their oil-tube).

Just my opinion, but it makes sense... to me.

You end up with nothing that wasn't part of the plant.

It's pretty much impossible to screw up if common-sense safety guidelines are followed.

At little something to consider about butane hash better known as honey oil. In CA is ur caught with hone oil or instruments used to make it carries the same amount of time as meth because ur chemically altering the cannabis (THC). Don't have anything for u to read to back it.This was discussed in one of my politics and legal lectures at Oaksterdam University.

You are NOT "chemically altering the cannabis (THC)." There is NO chemical reaction taking place. The butane simply dissolves and washes the trichomes off the plant material. Just like using water to dissolve and wash spilled sugar off the kitchen counter does not chemically alter the sugar. When it dries out, it's still sugar. Ask a chemist.

I'm not saying that you've got the law part wrong, I don't have a clue as I don't live there. But if it's stating that (as opposed to just giving extra punishment because, well, they can) and someone gets busted under such a statute, they'd have a valid argument.

Hey I'm just passing the info. I was told Ur using a chemical (butane) to alter pardon me, cannabis, to extract the active chemical THC, falls into the same category. Bubble hash or cold water process hash is supposed to be cool, but butane and I'm assuming acetone types of hash are said to be illegal. The reason y I don't remember much because when it came to those type of things during class i'd tune it out, it doesn't interest me. When I heard the legal tidbit I logged in my brain just for occasions like this, I raised the point so that people with cause for concern can further investigate the claim. Entirely up to u all. Hope this cleared up any misunderstanding.

Law concerning honey oil in california

After doing some searching, I'm tired and wanna go smoke. This i what I came up with for California Law concerning BHO aka honey oil
Code:
Butane Extraction of Hash Oil Equals Manufacturing
with Jeff Rubin, Deputy District Attorney, Alameda County, CA
A suspect who uses butane to extract concentrated cannabis from marijuana
may properly be prosecuted for manufacturing a controlled substance under
Health and Safety Code section 11379.6. Case/Statutes cited: People v.
Bergen (2008) 166 Cal.App.4th 161; Health & Saf. Code §§ 11358,
11379.6. (8:04)  Source [url=https://post.outpostnetworks.com/postcatalog/catalogue/c32]Case Law Today Series - 2009[/url]
Don't know what protection prop 215 provides if any but y risk it?
Here's another
Code:
Section 11379.6(a) states: "Except as otherwise provided by law, every person who compounds, converts, produces, derives, processes, or prepares, either directly or indirectly by chemical extraction or independently by means of chemical synthesis, any controlled substance - shall be punished by imprisonment in the state prison for three, five, or seven years and by a fine up to $50,000" Source [URL="https://tokecity.com/forums/archive/index.php4/t-21934.html"]https://tokecity.com/forums/archive/index.php4/t-21934.html[/URL]
Do what U do, just know WHAT ur doin B4 U do it. My advice. If ur unsure of my sources take the penal code numbers and do ur own research. :peace: I'm goin to smoke.

Hey I'm just passing the info. I was told Ur using a chemical (butane) to alter pardon me, cannabis, to extract the active chemical THC, falls into the same category. Bubble hash or cold water process hash is supposed to be cool, but butane and I'm assuming acetone types of hash are said to be illegal. The reason y I don't remember much because when it came to those type of things during class i'd tune it out, it doesn't interest me. When I heard the legal tidbit I logged in my brain just for occasions like this, I raised the point so that people with cause for concern can further investigate the claim.

I wasn't trying to shoot the messenger, lol. Just wanted to make the point about there being NO chemical reactions taking place.

I know that there are a lot of locales where penalties are higher for... a certain drug (-base) than the same drug (-hydrochloride) and among other things mentioned is that the one has been created by chemically "reacting/altering" the other (never mind the fact that even the "original" is the result of a process that includes a couple of strong nasty acids, etc. and isn't something you can just pick - like our MJ). And there is a bit of playing on people's fear here of the "mad scientist creates..." variety.

So I wanted to point out the fact that the butane is just a solvent(sic) in this and does in no way react with anything involved.

I have upon occasion helped a sick person educate their self about the health benefits of cannabis. Part of the knowledge was that hash and hash oil was a concentrate. Such knowledge allowed them to decide if cannabis was right for them - and if it was, whether they were better off to consider a concentrate.

Had they thought that any form of the concentrate was a "chemically-altered" form of MJ, I doubt many of them would have even considered using such a medicine. And for someone that was, say, dying of liver or pancreatic cancer, well...

And then there's the fact that like you mentioned, some locales have higher penalties for such a product. If they base that on something that is false it needs to be corrected.

I'm not in favor of bringing higher penalties for hash/oil in general; the one is just a concentrated form of the other. You're not adding anything - you're just removing 99.99999999999999% of the plant material from cannabis:grinjoint:.

In affect if not in word you're just penalizing someone because their stuff is stronger than the next person's. That's like giving $100 fines for people that are caught with a lid of bricked commercial crap and giving $500 fines for people that are caught with a lid of good herb.

Just seems wrong to me, that's all. But I'm rambling and I've probably hijacked this thread completely since I can't remember what it was about.

One time I made this inside on the kitchen table at my cousins place. You can guess what happened next.

My cousins idiot boyfriend thought he'd be funny so he lit his lighter above the evaporating plate of butane (maybe 2-3 feet above) all it took was 1 tiny spark and BOOM the plate lit up like a goddamn comet.

My first reaction was to cover it so it would go out. I grabbed the closest thing I could find, a 'dry' polyester jacket. Looking back now it was the dumbest thing to do ever, but in that flight or fight mode you don't think, you react.

The fire died completely for a second or two, then it took off again, bigger than before.

My cousins bf saved us all. He grabbed the plate, a plain old ceramic dinner plate mind you, with his bare hands and tossed it out the back door onto the concrete. Lucky the back door was no more than 4 feet from the table. and LUCKY no butane was spilled otherwise the kitchen would be no more.

Lesson learned. Either always do your butane work outdoors, beneath an exhaust fan in your kitchen works fine too, but NEVER, EVER light ANYTHING that'll spark anywhere near where you're doing your work.

Back
Top Bottom