A question about Temp readings?

doughboy79

Ok, So this question might sound stupid, but where should the temps be read from? When i started i used to just put the thermo at the base but ive been recently putting it near the tops? tooootaly diffrent :p and i know that basicly you want 76ISH temps but its proving to be super impossible *lack of funds* any feedback on this? Thanks in advance folks !
Doughboy

Try to keep your sensor around canopy height. Most will stick it to the end of a bamboo stake. Try to keeo out of direct light as it make give a higher than actual reading. I either keep at canopy height or above canopy hright right out of the direct light. This gives you the warmer side of the temp in the grow room as hot air rises. I rarely get my temps in the 76ish range so you'll be alright if you stay under 85. If I pumped AC in I could but then my elec bill is astronomical. So I only kick it on when my temp in the GR approaches 90. Havent had any ill effects doing it this way yet. In hydro though you will need to do something to prevent the res from warming up to these temps. Frozen water bottles are cheap and water chillers work best.

MJ doesn't worry about temps as much as humans do! I've grown in several different climes and as long as the temps are above 40F and below 115F they seem happy as long as fed and watered according to their hunger and thirst:>)

Back
Top Bottom