Temps Question

i know this may sound like a stupid question, but what kind of temps is it when we start getting frost, plus does anyone know what the highest and lowest day time temps is when the plants turn purple, and also high and low of the night time temp, im ordering some more purple strains and growing them indoors, but we are coming into winter here so i can get the night time temps way down, so im trying to figure out what the temp is where you lot are growing, day and night high and low if anyone can help me with that.

Re: Plant of the Month - October 2012

i know this may sound like a stupid question, but what kind of temps is it when we start getting frost, plus does anyone know what the highest and lowest day time temps is when the plants turn purple, and also high and low of the night time temp, im ordering some more purple strains and growing them indoors, but we are coming into winter here so i can get the night time temps way down, so im trying to figure out what the temp is where you lot are growing, day and night high and low if anyone can help me with that.

Under 2degrees c usually. but thats not good for plants at all.

yeah I would say 35 degrees is when a killing frost comes or damn close.
I also read thet the best temps for a purple strain is somewhere between 50 and 55.
sorry I dont do C

right ok, thanks for the info, ill reps the people it lets me, im just trying to find some sort of cut off point for getting purple, but as frogsong got purps in the 90+f range then clearly some strains will change purp without the low temps, ive just grown to auto blueberrys, both the breeder packs show bright purple nearly pink buds, yet im getting none of this at all, tempted to throw it in the fridge each night just to try and force it to purple, ive harvested the top of the plant as it was ready, the bottom is ready but im letting it go as long as i can, im hoping the cool night time temps here will bring out some colour, if not the fridge might be my only option, its a challenge now and i cant seem to do it,

ill try some new strains when i place my next order with herbies, possibly ken estes gdp, that should give me the best chance of getting purps, but it seems any plant will turn purp given the right conditions, its something i need to play around with.

their you go peeps, you all got reps for the great info, its something ill play around with

Back
Top Bottom