Night temps

captaincronik

Just a quick question..
Really working on getting my environment down pat.

Night time temps are getting as low as 64f as of now..
Ideally i would like to keep it 66- 70..

What are some of you using to control temps during lights out....

This is all in a 4 x 4 tent so big commercial style controllers are no good to me..

I use a milk house heater on low, pointed at the vented door to my tent area. Works very well.

U can’t beat those oil filled thermostatic controlled heaters sold by Walmart for $50.00 on a timer for lights out. And yes it’s very safe and good I put a pan of water on top to increase humidity when needed.

U can’t beat those oil filled thermostatic controlled heaters sold by Walmart for $50.00 on a timer for lights out. And yes it’s very safe and good I put a pan of water on top to increase humidity when needed.
So how does the temp control work?
Timer. So only on during lights out...
Set it to a certain temp...
What tells it to turn off again?

Thurmastat on heater to set temp, u can set the timer to go on and off and time u want or not go off at all keeping the temp the same at all times. ( not recommended) I’ve found that my plants need that
10 degree difference during lights out to thrive. IMO

I try not to control to much. In most case's I grow with what I get. I have found some of the changes to create a better environment. Tend to create more. If you do put a heater in the tent. Make sure you have all lights covered with tape.

You are only wanted to change the temp by a few degrees for short period of time. Temps in your tent are ambient temps. The pots and plants are holding more warmth than it seems. On the other side of the coin. Cooler temps bring color. It is not about how cold a plant gets to make color. It is the difference in temp between night and day that does it lots of times.

Good luck getting temps to where you want them. If not I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have had successful crops with lots lower temps.

for me i keep an electric heater hung up in the tent. it's set to 78 and i just leave it on. when the lights come on it shuts off because they make it even warmer. when the lights go off and the tent cools down the heater kicks on.
the only thing is it has an led screen on it i have to keep tape over it.

as far as safety goes, i just decided to pick up a couple smoke detectors for each tent.

I try not to control to much. In most case's I grow with what I get. I have found some of the changes to create a better environment. Tend to create more. If you do put a heater in the tent. Make sure you have all lights covered with tape.

You are only wanted to change the temp by a few degrees for short period of time. Temps in your tent are ambient temps. The pots and plants are holding more warmth than it seems. On the other side of the coin. Cooler temps bring color. It is not about how cold a plant gets to make color. It is the difference in temp between night and day that does it lots of times.

Good luck getting temps to where you want them. If not I wouldn't worry about it too much. I have had successful crops with lots lower temps.

that's great info. i always thought it was just cold made colour. now i understand why mine are starting to show me some purple at the end even though there are no cold temps in the tent ever.

I also keep the heater aimed right at one of the large fans so it spreads the heat better. last time i had it on the floor and the pots closest to the heater would be twice as dry as the rest. hanging the heater has fixed that.

Back
Top Bottom