Heating issue

duck man

420 Member
Hello ya'll, my little closet, 3' x 6' x 7'H is in a barn, no climate control. The ambien temp. this time of year gives me hell. I would like to add some heat without any lite. Temp. is OK when my 400w HPS is running,but when it's off temp. gets down to ambien temp. Any ideals??? Thanks

I use a little space heater in mine. It works really well and keeps the RH down too. I just set the thermostat on 75 and leave it alone. Works great .... and I can still run my exhaust fan 24/7. I had to hang it from the top of my box. If I put it in the bottom of the box, the hot air dries out the leaves really badly. There are some pics of my setup (with the heater) in my 2nd grow journal ..... on the first page.

I like oil radiators personally. Space heaters work faster but also burn a lot more houses down.
Set ur oil radiator (should u choose that route) on a timer that kicks on 30 minutes before light out (they take a while to warm up) and turn off half hour before they kick on. Make.sure.to incorporate a thermostat as well to avoid getting too hot. Unlikely but u never know.

I use a space heater as well, initially gave me problems because the space heater was facing the plants, now its facing the wall and keeps what would be below 0 degrees (im also growing in outdoor conditions in a box) to whatever i set it to. I bought the same one as Mutt after messaging him and it is the shit.

Im up in the UP so it gets fucking cold up here.

Thanks for the ideas on heating my small grow room. Do the space heaters put off enough lite to affect flowering during dark period ?

I have 2 like mutt's, one has a digital display/thermostat. you may want to cover the display. the heater itself doesn't emit any light so they don't effect flowering.

Mine only has one tiny littel red light on it. I doubt it gives off enough light to mess with anything. It's been in there since my first grow with no issues. But, to tell the truth. Up until just now ..... I never really gave it much thought. I may have to sit in the dark with it and see how bright it really is. thanks.

Back
Top Bottom