Breaking My V-Card

tomatofarmer

Welcome, i have 4 successful "tomato" sprouts, im looking to purchase a growlab gl60 but that is still up for debate. setup is in an unused shower climate control is very simple for the current setup. They are 4 days old and i am looking for advice for an easy safe (non dramatic ph altering) nutrient system and overall advice on growing tips giving that this is my first time attempting this and don't want to throw money at this and have it fail. Advice would be much appreciated.

Down to 3 plants, better for the space im working with. Got a new setup in an unused refrigerator. Still no nutes but i have a Co2 generator plants looking healthy. 18 days old and under 2 90watt led bulbs that seem to be working very nicely keeping the temp down. Kinda worried about humidity any suggestions would be very helpfull for my first run at this.
Photo_on_2012-11-06_at_14_12.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-06_at_14_13.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-06_at_14_13_3.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-06_at_14_13_5.jpg

The new setup. It is a closet inside another closet. Its great got plenty of room for the new box, probably going to use the fridge for cloning and new plants in until there too big. The box which is poorly shown here is constructed with 1" thick particle board attached to a frame of 2 by 4s. Used white reflective rubberized roof paint (15bucks home depot 90% reflectivity is what i read, could be wrong) Used wood caulk to seal the gaps in the sides. 2 sides of it are pushed into an insulated corner and the two sides left showing are nailed with foam insulation i found laying around. (the side covered in boxes). the door is only a piece of insulation, debating thickening it. Only problem, besides the foot of space i have in front of the door, is keeping it warm. The closet has vents to the outside and unfortunately it is winter here and it gets well below 0. So far alls good its withstood the 20degree weather and kept a livable temp inside the box.

The box is 6' tall with a 3'by3' base.

Photo_on_2012-11-27_at_12_12.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-27_at_12_14.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-27_at_12_16.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-27_at_12_18.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-27_at_12_17.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-27_at_12_17_2.jpg
Photo_on_2012-11-27_at_12_17_4.jpg

My Plants look a little cockeyed, they look that way because of the LST i am doing on my girls

Hey bro, glad to see you jumping in to growing. There are plenty of great growers on here that will help you out from start to harvest, don't be afraid of investing a little money on some more gear. If its just a money issue than that's another story. But if u need help with any thing, don't hesitate to ask. I'll be around to help as well as others. Good luck!
Peace,
NEPharmer

Wow, you took quit a bit off, that's a bold move, not too sure if I would go so drastic, I think I would only take the bigger fan leaves off. Hope it turns out good for ya.

Keep going. There many things to learn and many ways to do thing. You will just need to find your way and stick with it. Me I have been playing around with differnt types of grow and have fun with it. From DWC which I'm great at and more time growing that way then dirt. But now I'm have a style that I'm going to be using on 2 plants and the rest nateural with differnt veration. ( cropping, Defolied,).

I think growing is great way to be at peace. And haveing fun with it. We all have problems its what we learn from those problems and what we can past along to others'

My Second Grow On My Own But My First Journal
Blue Dream
Querkle & Blue Dream
First Time in Soil From DWC - Blue Dream
:goodluck:

I have not been keeping the journal as up to date as i would've hoped, mostly due to my lack of a camera (my computer cam cant focus on the bud sites)

I feel my defoliation method was a little aggressive for my first grow, that being said my ladies look good its just taking them a bit longer than i would've hoped (lazy hoes). Regardless this is my budget crash course on bag seeds and heavy defoliation.

I couldn't have made it this far without all you girls and guys on 420mag, thank you

I will post updated pics here soon, may not be the best quality.

Back
Top Bottom