BrewedALLday's Australian Bag Seed Grow - 2013

Your plants look great. I love grows like this. Are you running 12/12? If so you should get sex in about three weeks from breaking earth

Thanks for following b.real!! Ya I am really excited to see how everything turns out, it's like a big mystery on what I'm going to get. :party::goof: From the pictures do you have any thoughts on if they are Indica or Sativa strains at this stage of growth?

As for my lighting schedule I am running 18/6 while they veg. Since they are unknown strains I wasn't really sure how long I would keep them in veg vs flower...any recommendations? :hmmmm:

they look like hybrids (like most strains nowadays). you'll be able to tell the true structure of them after the stretch (plant puberty).

about the light schedule, it depends on how much light you're using. I run 12/12 from seed because I don't have much light, and my plants grow to a decent size (as you saw in my journal). I would suggest flipping to 12/12 after a week of veg since you're going to have 96 total watts during bloom.

I just made this for a friend as he is starting his own stealth grow so I figured I would post it as it explains my idea for the box I am building.

Box/Cabinet
-at least 2ft wide x 4ft tall x 2ft deep

Fans
-1x Intake fan for air circulation
= 50 CFM (cubic ft per min)
= 4" powered intake
-1x exaust fan w/ filter
= 150+ CFM (probably a 6" to 8" duct)
= look for ratings under 35 stealth for noise (not that big of a deal if its in garage)
-1x small desk fan for air circulation and stem growth

Lights
-Need 100 Actual watts per 1 plant w/ 50 additional watts per additional plant
-2x 42w Spiral bulbs (5000k - 6500k daylight)
= better for Veg
-1 or 2x 42w Spiral Bulbs (2700k Soft White)
= good for flowering
-Lamp Fixtures/connectors

Accessories
-Thermometer/humidity gauge
-Timer (make sure its medium quality b/c if it dies your plants F up)
-Power Strips
-Twist Ties
-White Flat Paint or Spray Paint
-Silver or Reflective Duck Tape
- Consider a way to seal light in??
= Velcro, Caulking Gel, or whatever else works for the type of box you have

Grow Tools
- Scrog ( wire at gardening store 8" tall with 2"x2" squares
- Garden Ties for tying plant to scrog

Thanks for joining sst4life! Here are some new pictures to the journal.

For some clarification I have been measuring my dates since I planted the seeds and I just realized I needed to count from the start of the actual Veg growth so I have re dated the new pics. Sorry for any confusion, haha. :grinjoint: Oh, PS. My watering schedule is every 3 to 4 days depending on how droopy they look at the time.

Plant #1. Day 15 of Veg
DSC019866.JPG

DSC019846.JPG

Plant #2. Day 15 of Veg
DSC019856.JPG
DSC019836.JPG

Plant #3. Day 12 of Veg
DSC019895.JPG
DSC019885.JPG

Plant #1. Anyone know if this is normal for the original stem leaves to yellow as the plant grows? Im sure I am being too paranoid but I figure its better to get my concerns out here rather than play around with the actual ladies. :laughtwo::reading420magazine:
DSC019963.JPG

So I have noticed something and I am not sure if it is coincidence or not. I have two plants in large wide pots with about four inches to the top from the soil, and one plant in a skinnier, taller, pot but only with two inches of soil from the top. I have noticed the leaves and plant have stopped growing where the top of the pot is and stayed short and bushy; where the single plant has almost two more inches of growth but is not as grown in. Is this from the pot shape or is this due to where the fan is blowing. I have a feeling the tall plant has always been in the fan and not protected so it just grows through it. While the two shorter, yet stockier plants, have been protected from the majority of the fan. Is this something I can repeat for shorter plants that grow wide or tall depending on airflow positioning? I can't find any info in this and would love to hear others thoughts and opinions.

:hmmmm::idea::cheesygrinsmiley:

CYMERA_20131216_024128.jpg

So I just did my first FIM cuts two days ago and I honestly have no clue if it was done right or not because the plant is still really small. But it had five nodes now and they seem to be happy regarding the lower growth. :cool::morenutes:

I also re potted plant #2 as it was looking a little bit stressed and droopy. I was going to do plant 1 as well but I ran out of Perilite and Soil. I am hoping to get more, along with my box setup this weekend! :party::xmas:

Pics coming soon.

Hey everyone, sorry it's been a little bit. So I tried to FIM but I don't know if I just cut the top parts of the new leaf growth or actually affected the plant shape...? They are getting much bigger and I switched to 12/12. I want to get one if not two more 48w 2700 cfls now that i am flowering. I also am a bit worried about a light browning I'm seeing on my plants so my guess is it's getting too hot during the day? Or is that a nute issue?

Thx for the help. ;););)

Hey everyone,

Sorry it has been so long but I have been so busy its been hard to post. :yikes: Good news is my babies have done some serious growing and are looking pretty healthy, IMO. haha....ok for updates...

I ended up switching light cycles to 12/12 exactly a month into veg so I didnt have to worry about the plants getting too tall in their final days. I only got my additional light about two weeks ago so that was unfortunate but I think it is just making the grow a little slower and probably will lose some goodness in the buds but round 1 is just for learning so im ok with it. :goof:

I have been watering every third day and I do a nute water every other week or as i feel they need it. I also started with three plants and was hoping I would get two females and that is exactly what happened. I saw that was growing fast and taller than the others and I was pretty sure it was a male. Last week I moved it outside and planted it for someone to find or use one day. I like the idea of spreading the love whenever I can. :allgood::smokin::yummy:

I will start posting pics from the past few weeks with some dates on them. Thanks for following.

PS: officially have bud sites and some growing and thats pretty much the best feeling EVER!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom