Growing a Bag Seed

Was smoking a bowl just starring at Patrica for about 45 minutes, then took a couple pics just for fun. :yummy:

Pat has the smell of bubble gum
4 weeks - 4 days
Toppat819.jpg

patside819.jpg

I have no idea really, Pat was found in a 1/2oz I bought about 6 months ago. She was the only seed I found in the bag. I am not 100% sure but I thought she was White Widow because thats what is normally around. I just assumed she would take 8 weeks as that seems to be the norm. If she gets done sooner I would be happy to try her finally.

Its hard to get a full body shot of her as she is in the back and it wrecks my back moving things around. ill try to get one soon though.

Everything is going good nothing to really report.

Here are few pictures I just took of some main colas. The smell is very pungent coming out the tent.

Patrica
BacksidePATtop824.jpg

backsidePAT823.jpg

Rocklock
(4 weeks flower)
rocklock824week4.jpg

Noahs Ark:
(5 weeks 2 days flower)
clonetop824.jpg

Full tent shot:
tent824.jpg

I really cant wait either. They are all really dense, the nugs are hard when squeezed.

Random thoughts:
It will be 6 weeks flowering for four of the plants on Sunday; Pat, Noahs Ark Clones and the Master Kush runt. I wonder which one will be first to chop and how much longer they all have.
I really need to get a 30x magnifier, I only have a 10x and its not so great but its better than nothing. Guess I will go hit up Ebay later.

I really try to ignore the waiting time but I really want a taste at this point.

Sorry for the rambling :tokin:

seagreen.jpg

Your plants & buds look great! :bravo:

How long did you Veg your clones for? Also, what are you using for fertilizer during flower?

I vegged from 5/12 to 7/15 (little over 2 months). Only two plants are clones the others I grew from seed, the clones are just about as old. I waited 11 days longer than I wanted during veg as my back was out and made it hard to switch my light set-up. I am using FoxFarm... for veg I used "Grow Big" and for flowering I am using "Big Bloom" and "Tiger Bloom" I use one every 3rd watering.

So today is week 6 of flowering and while I was watering I noticed on a very bottom branch of a Noahs Ark clone a nice frosty dried out bud the size of a good bowl. I have no idea why the nug was dry but I took it as a sign for a taste test... it was a nice high with a fruity pebbles flavor and lots of cotton mouth. Think I may go 7 weeks instead of 8 with the NA.

Shout out!
Spent yesterday over at Splatt Hydro looking at some insanely huge hydro and soil set-ups. The owner was hella cool and spent an hour showing me the projects around the work shop. After we where done I stopped in his store and bought some supply's, asked me if I was a card holder then gave me 20% off... gotta love that!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYZhl6iJbFA&feature=related

Looks like it's coming along. For sure that one plant don't look like it's going to take 8+ weeks. But alot of plants need those last 2 weeks to be all they can be. I tend to harvest atad early myself. I know I should give it that extra few days, but even after all the years I been growing I get impatient around the end. Keep em Green

Well my battery died again during a photo shoot today but this is the girl I want to cut down in two days. She is a Noahs ark clone and is in her 6th week of flowering. I dont need to cut her down for smoke as I have enough I just feel she is ready for some reason. It also does not help I am very color blind and it makes it hard to judge the trichomes .

Here is a picture of her very top bud:
topclone830.jpg

Here is a pic of her very bottom bud:
clonebottombud830.jpg

Looks like it still needs time. Pistils still look fresh. If u can't judge by trich's, go by hair color. When most hairs/pistils have turned from their original color to red/orange/brown colored, it's an indication that the plant is just about ready. I rarely see buds with yellow hairs/pistils, but some strains have that and then i could see it being difficult to determine by pistils. Hope that helps.

The hairs would be a good way for me to tell as I can see the difference with those.

Here is a pic I took awhile back of what a mature bud of the NA clone looks like, its covered in orange hair.

nug13.jpg

I liked the high and taste from the bud I smoked yesterday compaired to the above. Maybe I will pick a tester today and see if its the same as yesterdays. I have smoked over 5oz of NA in the last year so I feel I should be able to judge the difference in highs.

Looks like it still needs time. Pistils still look fresh. If u can't judge by trich's, go by hair color. When most hairs/pistils have turned from their original color to red/orange/brown colored, it's an indication that the plant is just about ready. I rarely see buds with yellow hairs/pistils, but some strains have that and then i could see it being difficult to determine by pistils. Hope that helps.

He is correct... I see whitish pistols and that means way early.

The way it is stacking up it has a sativa leaning pheno about it. I would have to guess this is more than an 8 week plant. You said you don't need weed so it would be a shame to cut her down early. Patience is a virtue, especially in growing herbs.

Back
Top Bottom