Growing a Bag Seed

Damn dude~!! Just read your whole grow and you really have a great setup there! I am getting my ladybugs today, but its not spider mites I have, its thrips... I hope the ladybugs do the job and get rid of them! Sorry about your boys! Its always hard to get rid of something you put alot of time into! I do hope that only one is a male so I can breed! I want some fresh sees to produce and give to my friends! It will be cool to see what happens. I will check back in and see how your doing in a few days! Thanks for checking in on my grow!

-xkjtx

Some pictures of Patrica I took today at the end of week two of flowering.

Sorry about the bright pic but the hortilux grow light is intense. I have to hold cardboard over the plants to get the pictures to come out.

pattop731.jpg

colors1.jpg

patside731.jpg

close10.jpg

tent8.jpg

Did a fast speed read. Looks good dude. Those lady bugs really don't do alot for the mites. I didn't see any real mite damage on your plants either. How much did it cost for the mite predators? You can get them wholesale here in OR. but the S&H will kill ya. I think it's 9,000 for like 50$. Looks good Dude. Check out the Coffee Shop on SE Stark. I forget the name but looks great. Keep it Green

I have ordered 1,500 predator mites twice for somewhere around $30 all together... per order.

I have tried all the different sprays/dips (even homemade ones), Ladybugs and predator mites. In my opinion I have had the best luck keeping the mites under control with Ladybugs. I had things under control then let a bunch of ladybugs loose... about 5 days later the lower leafs started with the rust spots again and I found a few mites walking around. So I got the predator mites and they seem to do little to control the mites. I watched them eat a few but they seem to just walk around doing nothing unless they bump into something. I just got a new order of 5000 Ladybugs last Wednesday and they seem to be doing the job again just fine. I don't think ladybugs love to eat mites (who wants to eat popcorn if they usually eat steak) but if they wanna eat they learn fast.

I have read lots of posts and mites seem to get people worked up over which way is better to get rid of them. I have also come to the realization recently its hard to be 100% organic and rid mites no matter what you do. It seems the only real way is to use toxic chemicals (I thought of using "no pest strips" at one point) but who really wants to do that, specially if we are growing for medicine not profit.

I live somewhat in the country and have giant fields surrounding my house so I will never be able to get rid of pest all together. My outside lights at night draw in a cornucopia of wildlife, insects and amphibians. I feel bad when I mow because I can see Praying Mantis by the dozens running (yes I said dozens).

I think my next step is going to be build a clean room... LOL

Some pic of pat I took today:

Main stem side:
patside83.jpg

toppat.jpg

Hey if the lady bugs work for ya there's not much of a better organic way then that. :cheesygrinsmiley:

The photo's always look like there happy anyway. Good growing Search!

So true mites are the scourge of a grower. They can be in your lawn or even house plants. They LOVE herbs. Who can blame them. I've tried foggers afew time with minimal results. They best deal is to never get them. New room new plants, and cleanliness is the best way there is. GL on your grow. Here's a link you might wanna check out. It's kind of new I signed up but my back keeps me from running around too much. Maybe it will work for you.
Oregon Green Free is Oregon's Premiere Medical Marijuana Community
Keepem Green

I don't have a big mite problem but I have seen some nasty infestations online that make my skin itch. I can only grow out in the shop which is a little better than being outside. I am not worried about the mites at all, just something I have to deal with (like spiders in the house and my wife). My regiment is giving the plants (not buds) a cotton ball bath with a diluted rubbing alcohol mix every 5 days and the ladybugs. I am pretty easy going and know we are all just trying to eat so I cant be to upset.
Anyways enough with this mite topic... time to smoke!

Thanks for the link Norcal, will help to meet the locals!

Nice!! I can see why you have grown fond of Patty!! kind of got me on peeping tom status:yummy:. Anyway, I'll be watchin your grow as Im trying to watch as many first grows as I can. Im on my first as well. Doing hydro which is also a first, and so far has been a very exciting adventure. Hoping to get a journal up soon, tho i am already 2 days into flowering. Better late than never huh? Keep up the green work:thumb:

Thanks 6!
You need to get a journal up ... I wanted to try Hydro but it had me to intimated on my first grow.

Update:
Everything is growing good and looking very healthy its hard to get full pictures of the tent because the HPS light makes the pictures almost impossible to use.

I have not updated on the Clone twins in awhile. They are very resilient girls, they had a very hard life at the start but are now showing what love and attention rewards you with.

Here is a pic of one with the first signs of "sprinkled sugar" on the leafs.
clones58.jpg

All good. Don't ever trip, if mites aren't a problem, don't treat em as if they are. Anyone who ever grew more than 3 or 4 grows knows what a problem they are. Count your blessings Hope your grass is green partner

Thanks 6!
You need to get a journal up ... I wanted to try Hydro but it had me to intimated on my first grow.

Ill proly have a journal started next week if all goes well. I think DWC is fairly simple especially if using Lucas Formula. Talk about KISS! Nothing more simple than that. You should just try a single plant in a coffee can or sumthing small and get some practice in. Then work ur way up from there. All u need is nutes and an air pump with air stone. I hear people having ph issues with DWC, but thats because all the different things they're putting in the res. Stick to Lucas formula(water and nutes thats it) and ph'ing isnt even necessary for the most part. I have yet to adjust my ph or even change res water in the 35 days I have had my system up n running. Simply add water or nutrient solution as needed to keep ppm's at right level.

Last month I found a brand new Aerogarden Pro at a garage sale, I was thinking of using that with a lowrider auto-flower strain for my first go at hydro.

Update:
Tomorrow will be the end of week three. There are lots of buds growing and they are all showing sprinkled sugar around the nugs. Pat is big, looks like a small tree at this point. She has lots of buds, I think she will give a good yield.

Its hard to get a good picture with a HPS light, here are the 2 best of 25 shots I took of the full tent.

blockedhpsweek3.jpg

hpsweek3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom