Growing a Bag Seed

I went ahead and gave it some water just so I could get a run off sample. I gave it 20oz of water. One thing I noticed this time was that the water drained out fast. Yesterday I gave it a total of 40oz. The first watering of 20oz kinda just dripped out slow with just a few drips of water. The second watering drained out a little more water and faster but not much. Tonight's water ran out fast, it was almost a juggling act to catch it.

Ok... so the run off was 6.1 with my soil reading at 6.5 before the test. After reading the advice in Cheese's topic that should be normal, I hope.

Plant is doing good nothing to really add... The clone that got tipped seems to be doing just fine, the other clone is also doing good.

5 out of 10 of my Master Kush seeds have sprouted so far in the last 24hrs, so they will be added to the garden soon.

week34.jpg

Anyone been to Attitude seed bank web site? They have a what seems like a good special going on with lots of free seeds... Placed an order just for the hell of it, I hope they are as good a company as everyone says. Ordered some Purple Bud because it comes from Oregon :) and looks tasty.

Order Inventory:
Product: Seedsman Seeds Purple Bud Seeds
Options: Reg Seeds Per Pack - 10 Seeds
Quantity: 1
Product Code: SMAN26/SMAN26
Price: $35.22

Product: UFO #1 DNA Rocklock Feminized
Product Code: FREE SEED
Price: $0.00

Product: FREE Magus Genetics Warlock Feminized

Product: FREE Magus Genetics Motavation Feminized

Product: Serious Seeds Chronic Feminized

Product: DNA Genetics Sour Cream Feminized

Product: DNA Sour Kush Feminized

Product: Paradise Sensi Star Female

Product: Paradise Seeds Wappa Feminized

Good then all should be well, I figured for what I spend every two days on buying a bag I could splurge and take the risk.

You asked about a pic of the inside of my tent in your post. I took down my LEDS when I was freaking out about the yellowing leafs, so all I have right now is a crap load of flore tubs in my tent again. Does not make for a cool picture of inside a tent so I have avoided taking them.

Do you have a veg room and a flower room or just the one set-up? I ask because I dont know if I should get another tent for mother plants or just take some clones before I flower each time. I really dont want to start from seeds every time.

I tried to find jiffy pellets but I could not find any... you get them at Home Depot?
I started building a clone and veg room today, instead of buying a tent again. Got a few new houses going up in the neighborhood and got some scrap wood from the piles (I asked first). its 6 feet long, 4 &half feet tall, 2 feet wide. Hoping that will work, hard to find tall 2x4 for free. Its a nice solid box, I can stand on top off it.

Update:

Well its been a month since I planted my first seed and things seem pretty good. The first two leafs Pat ever grew are drying up and falling off, I am guessing thats normal.

The clone twins seem to be doing good also. Clone 1 that got smashed when it fell over seems to be ok, it has some yellowing but is growing steady. Clone 2 has come along way. When I first got the clone it had no roots and would not stand up on its own, it also is growing very steady in my opinion.

Out of 10 Master Kush seeds 4 have sprouted and are shooting up, 3 of the seeds grew the little tail but then stopped growing as for as I can tell. 3 have done nothing. The 3 that grew tails I stuck all in one pot and if something happens then ones a fighter. I am glad I got the seeds for free or I might be irritated of the ratio.

Here is a ton of pictures of my first 30 days:

Two weeks
week33.jpg

Month Old
montholdtop.jpg

Month Old- Side
montholdside.jpg

Dry Out
dryedout.jpg

Clone 1 - Day 1
clone1day1.jpg

Clone 1 - 7 Days
clone111.jpg

Clone #2 - Day 1
clone2day1.jpg

Clone #2 - Day 7
clone28.jpg

Master Kush Sprouts - Day 2
masterkushsprouts.jpg

Looking really good man, I like how beautiful your plant looks from the top and I can't wait to see what it ends up like. This is a grow I'll be checkin in on daily! Doin good man, have you thought of doing LST? or anything like that? I would say its not neccessary with how healthy your stem looks, but, it never hurts to add a little extra strength!!! Keep it up and good luck! Thanks for havin me aboard!!!

Here's a place you might want to look up.
FAMILY PICNIC IN THE PARK - Oregon Medical Marijuana Community (Portland, OR) - Meetup.com
What nutes you using. alittle lite on the nitrogen? I myself don't use the FF soil. Alittle to costy as much soil as I use. And it hasn't got any food values to speak of. I add blood and bone meal to my soils for a time released fert. Great weather we having isn't it? LOL
My plants can't tell if it's spring or fall. GL with your grow I'll be looking in every now and then. Keep it green.

Oh I forgot to tell ya, we have some of the best tap water in the states. PH is fine and they say it has less heavy metals in it than most bottled drinking waters on the stores shelf's. I use to use a RO machine for my water, but WHY? GL

goin good man, have you thought of doing LST? or anything like that? I would say its not neccessary with how healthy your stem looks, but, it never hurts to add a little extra strength

I do practice a form of LST but I dont use tie downs. Everyday I spend about 10 minutes lightly pushing down on all the branches. Since I have been doing that it has gotten really thick on the stock around the branches. I dont know if its the LST but the leafs all use to rest on each other, now they all have clearance. Thanks for the props on her looks, I have not been this nervous since my kid was born. I keep thinking I am going to hurt it somehow.

Here's a place you might want to look up.
FAMILY PICNIC IN THE PARK - Oregon Medical Marijuana Community (Portland, OR) - Meetup.com
What nutes you using. alittle lite on the nitrogen? I myself don't use the FF soil. Alittle to costy as much soil as I use. And it hasn't got any food values to speak of. I add blood and bone meal to my soils for a time released fert. Great weather we having isn't it? LOL
My plants can't tell if it's spring or fall. GL with your grow I'll be looking in every now and then. Keep it green.

For nutes I am using Fox Farm's Grow Big. I am not sure if its low on nitrogen, tbh I am really a noob at this and the only reason I went with FF is it seems every topic someone used them one way or another. You use blood... from a cow or ? Yes the weather sure has been wet for along time, feels like October some days. I have always loved Bull Run water. Besides Oregon I have lived in both Cali and Washington and they both have the most awful tasting water I have ever tasted.

The picnic looks cool and my kid loves Oak Park (we just went last month). I am free on the 19th so if it does not rain I will show up. I am real timid in person so I will be the guy standing with a 5 year looking really lost.

Lookin good so far. Thought I'd throw in my 2 cents. As far as watering and too much or little. You're right in there - I can tell by the plants, they're fine, but to clarify. Its not usually the amount of water you pour in - its the drainage that's important. As well as the frequency. If they drain fine, then you can pour as much water in as you'd like basically. So if you think you want to use more water you should be fine. Just keep letting them dry in between waterings.

As far as your light. I see you went back to flos instead of the LED. Have you switched back?

:peace:

I did hook up the LEDs again but I only put them on one of the clones. The clone seems to enjoy it. I have tried to use it on my main plant twice but each time it starts to act like it really likes it then after a couple days starts acting up.

On a side note:
Something I noticed about the Master Kush sprouts is they dont grow towards the warm color bulbs they have all shifted to the sides towards the cool white. I may have them to close to the lights though... I think they may just be picking the brightest bulb.

I did hook up the LEDs again but I only put them on one of the clones. The clone seems to enjoy it. I have tried to use it on my main plant twice but each time it starts to act like it really likes it then after a couple days starts acting up.

On a side note:
Something I noticed about the Master Kush sprouts is they dont grow towards the warm color bulbs they have all shifted to the sides towards the cool white. I may have them to close to the lights though... I think they may just be picking the brightest bulb.

Yep - if they stretch or lean then there's not enough light from that direction.

+Reps

I forgot to take pictures of the sprouts this round... pills make me so sleepy... whats strange to me is that my first plant I grew from seed the lights where about 14 inches away and it sprouted nice I thought, not to much stretch. The Kush seeds I have had to move twice now, they are now about 6 inches from the light. They started stretching tall and to the left or right (not crazy tall) I will run out after this and take a pic of them.

Here is a pic of clone #1 under LED's
LEDclone.jpg

I love the big growth spurts over night. Pat has a great smell coming off it already. When I open the tent I can smell a light hint. I keep running my nose over the top and enjoying it like cat nip.
topmidweek4.jpg

Sides3.jpg

update:
MKsprouts.jpg

Been a very busy day. Had to return the 600w ballast I ordered as it was DOA. I found a nice used 400w complete set-up someone locally was selling, came with 2 brand new bulbs (HPS & HM) along with the old ones, cool tube w/ reflector and ducting. I think it was a great deal for $80. Is 400w enough to flower 4 plants and see great results?

My (2) CFL veg lights arrived today "Sunlite 105w 6500k 5,000 lumen CFL Grow Bulb", these suckers are big. I found them for $25 each online, seemed like a good deal. I bought them for the new room, after I complete the set-up of the veg room I will post pics.

Update:
Pat is doing good, lots of new growth (shown in pic #2), I was wondering if I should trim those?

I moved the Master Kush sprouts into 10 gallon grow bags, they already have a nice giant root systems even though they are so short. When I changed them over they where in 5oz bowls and the roots filled the whole thing.

The clone twins Brandy and Brandi are filling in nicely, its good to see they pulled through. Right now I have 7 plants in the tent, I know two are girls (the clones) but not sure of the rest.
top6_9.jpg

pic#2
undertop6_9.jpg
side6_9.jpg

Clone #1 "Brandy"
clone1_6_9.jpg

Clone #2 "Brandi"
clone2_6_9.jpg

Master Kush Sprout
sproutMKbag.jpg

Grow bulb next to standard light bulb
light18.jpg

Homemade veg light (dont mind the mylar tape, I was having fun)
growlight.jpg

Thanks Hob!

Journal Update:

Pat, The Clone Twins (Brandy and Brandi) and the Master Kush Sprouts are all growing well and are loving the new veg light I added. Right now I have 8 plants in the tent. 3 I know are girls, the others I have no idea. I am hoping for 2 more girls from the Master Kush sprouts. I have four MK, so there should be at least one female plant. Right now I have 1)Bag seed, 2) NA clones, 4) Black Label Master Kush and 1) DNA Rocklock for a total of 8 plants.

Pat showed some yellowing after the last nute feeding but seems to be just fine. The plant is getting tall and has lots of growth down low (took some pics of it) Still wonding if I should trim those or not.

The Clone twins are my real babies, they where so close to death so many times in the beginning that I grew a real attachment to them when they pulled through. Clone#1 is getting tall now and looks really healthy. Clone#2 got re-potted in a 5 gallon grow bag and seems to really like the new home.

The Master Kush sprouts are moving along nicely and look normal to me.

The DNA Rocklock is a feminized seed. I had two of them and only one sprouted. This will be the last plant I add until I start my next crop.
(The next crop will be White Label-White Skunk & Seedsman-Oregon Purple Bud)

Pat top:
topPm1w2.jpg

Pat LED's:
patleds.jpg

Pat Side:
SidePm1w2.jpg

Clone#1 Top:
Clone1topm1w2.jpg

Clone#1 Side:
SideClone1m1w2.jpg

Clone #2 Top (under led's):
Clone2topm1w2.jpg

Clone#2 Side:
clone2sidem1w2.jpg

Master Kush sprout:
MK_sprout.jpg

Thanks CJ!

~~~~

Got my order from Attitude Seed bank only took 7 days to arrive on the west coast. The T-Shirt was ok, I was hoping for a Attitude seed bank t-shirt but got one that says "High Life" instead, however all the free seeds where nice. I bought a 4in1 tester for the plants. Shows the PH, Soil temp, Moisture and light level.

ill post some pictures when the lights come back on, the MK sprouts are moving along nicely.

Interesting side note:
Just for fun I added a non-smokeable plant to the mix~ The Bhut Jolokia Pepper Plant. That should add a BAM! :thedoubletake:

Here is a picture of the tent. I removed the LEDs for a new project I will be starting. I added four 42 watt CFL's (2700k 2600 lumen 150watt) along side the two 105 watt CF's (6500k 5,000 lumen 400watt). Its damn bright inside.

The clones always look droopy after watering then hours later all leafs towards the lights.
tent7.jpg

Attitude order with 8 different free seeds (all fems). I wonder what shirts others get.
shirt.jpg

Got the first coat of white paint in the new veg box, will add two more coats before I am done. I still have to get some plastic to use for the doors, add the lights and some intake holes but here she is at 80% finished.

Measures 8 feet long, 4 feet tall and 3 feet wide. The box is so solid I could park a Buick on top of it.
growbox1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom