Growing a Bag Seed

Pat got watered 3 days ago (Sunday) and was looking good, I took a pic on Monday and pat was looking really healthy. Today (Wednesday) pat looks like crap as you can see in the picture below. Pat's pot was really light and dry so I watered it and added nutes (this is only the 3rd time I have fed with nutes). The soil ph reading was 6.0

Monday
fine.jpg

Wednesday
wtf9.jpg

The leaves on Pat have perked back up, most of been hungry and thirsty.
its 4am so I was to tired to remember a pic but all looks well.

Side note:
I ran out of Foxfarm soil when I was transplanting the Master Kush sprouts so I went to the market and picked up a bag of "Black Magic Organic". https://www.plantitearth.com/soil-mediums/black-gold-organic-potting-soil.aspx. I have two plants in Foxfarm and two in Black Magic. The two in Black Magic are double the size of the ones in Foxfarm. (post pic later)

I don't know if to blame the soil or the seed, only 4 of 10 seeds sprouted. However, all the small ones are in FF soil. They are started around the same size as you can see below.

Black Gold Natural & Organic Potting Soil <~link
This rich, loamy mix is a premium choice for all-purpose gardening applications.
Our 100% organic base, consists of screened earthworm castings, Canadian sphagnum peat moss, compost and forest humus.
We blend in compost, forest humus and a specifically formulated organic fertilizer to increase the organic content. Perlite and pumice are added to ensure optimum aeration for sturdy growth.

Listed by the Organic Materials Review Institute (OMRI) for organic production.
Every place online has it listed @round $15.00 for the big bag. I got it at Krogers/Fred Meyers/Ralphs for $7.00 a bag.

Master Kush plants, all sprouted the same week.
06/05/10
MKsprouts.jpg

06/20/10
Black Magic
biggest3.jpg

Big7.jpg

Fox Farm
small1.jpg

smallest.jpg

search. looking good. when i was at worms way the other day getting ffof they recommend the black magic over it becase of the amount of worm castings and what not. looks like i should have listened to tham...

good luck.

Pat is almost ready to switch the lights over on, hoping for the end of this month. I cant wait to find the sex out.

added some nutes to the small MK sprouts and they started growing bigger.

Side note:
Went down to the OMMP club today and got hooked up with 4 Blueberry clones... mmmmmm :roorrip:
Getting a nice collection of strains going.

So here is my garden as of today, Pat is the tall one in the back right.
grow36.jpg

The plants pictured are: Bag seed, Noahs ark, Master Skunk, Blueberry and the sprout in the right bottom is Rocklock.

All seems to be going well, not much to add at this point besides I just moved the Blueberry clones to grow bags. Think I am going to get some of those cloth grow pots soon, hear good things about them.
grow214.jpg

that empty pot up front actually has three ghost pepper sprouts in it.

My plan is to switch the lights on the 4th to 12/12 so I did some pruning and clone taking tonight just in case Pat is a girl. Did trimming around the bottom since it was not getting that much light and had lots of bushy growth. Clippings all smelled delicious.

Thanks! I really need to update with some new pics as the plants have all grown a lot. Got some spider mites eating away on my plants right now, nothing bad yet as they just moved in. To combat the little pricks I ordered 3000 ladybugs to attack the problem.

Here is the inside of the tent, 15 MJ plants and three ghost pepper plants. You cant see it but there is a plant behind the master kush in black magic. Pat looks short in the first pic but that is because all the other plants besides pat and the clone twins are raised up on a table. You can see two Master Kush plants, one is in foxfarm soil one is in black magic organic.

Inside of tent
Insidejuly6.jpg

Top of Pat
topjuly6.jpg

Side of Pat
sidejuly6.jpg

Got 5 nugs today around the size of a Bic lighter each. They are from the same mother plant as my two clones. Has a sour milk smell and taste. Dense nugs burn forever in a bowl. High is not mind numbing but relaxing. Good for Modern Warfare 2 as I can still react but stay mellow.

Best pic I could get with my cell phone
nug13.jpg

Ladybugs rock! I pulled three leafs today that had rust bites, threw them under 10x mag and nothing was left alive. When I pulled leafs two days before I let the ladies loose and I looked under 10x and mag mites could be found on each leaf.

I need to take a pic of the ladies. They cluster on top of the highest plant when the lights first come on, it looks like a cherry tomato when you first glance at it. At this point 3000 is overkill so I will be catching and releasing a bunch prob Monday.

Everything is going good, as you can see below the tent is getting full. I am going to take out about half the plants and move them to the new grow cab. I will start the flowering light cycle tomorrow, I waited to switch the lights so I could combat the spider mites. I made a homemade air scrubber (see it to the right) as its starting to smell heavy even with no buds. I used a round Hepa filter and 4+ gallons of active carbon in a 5 gallon bucket. It works great and has so far eliminated the order.

ghettosetup1.jpg

Pat is a female for sure. I hate to say something, but lady bugs are not know for a mite predator. They will eat aphids. One thing might help is if ya can wash them. Even alittle I mean little dish soap in water like 10 drops per half gallon and wash the underside of the leaves and rise 15-25 minutes after with straight water. Myself I'm battling with mites also. I have the convince of being able to take mine outside to the hose. Neem Oil is good also. They have a bug called predator mite that eats mites. But I talked to the company here in the PNW that grows them. They said 6X6 put 5,000 predator mites and they will help. But try neem or some safer soap, which is my favorite. Looks like you got a busy box going there Best Luck. But Pat is Patricia Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom