First time grower; Growlab setup help

Pybra

Hello 420Mag, this is going to be my first grow attempt (and first post lol). I'm looking to purchase the Grow Lab GL60 (2' x 2' x 5'3"), and was curious if anyone else has a current setup using it or a similar tent. I'm just unsure as to what would be a good intake/outtake for the tent, as well as initializing a carbon filter for odor. Any help or advice is welcome :popcorn:

Hello 420Mag, this is going to be my first grow attempt (and first post lol). I'm looking to purchase the Grow Lab GL60 (2' x 2' x 5'3"), and was curious if anyone else has a current setup using it or a similar tent. I'm just unsure as to what would be a good intake/outtake for the tent, as well as initializing a carbon filter for odor. Any help or advice is welcome :popcorn:

What kind of grow light and wattage are you planning on using?

I've got the Secret Jardin DR-80 (2'8" x 2'8" x 5'3"). I'm currently using a 250w HID and temps are about two degrees above ambient with a 110cfm axial fan and 4" x 12" carbon filter. I just set the fan on top of the tent in the vent and ran some 4" duct to the filter.

ss

What kind of grow light and wattage are you planning on using?

I've got the Secret Jardin DR-80 (2'8" x 2'8" x 5'3"). I'm currently using a 250w HID and temps are about two degrees above ambient with a 110cfm axial fan and 4" x 12" carbon filter. I just set the fan on top of the tent in the vent and ran some 4" duct to the filter.

ss

I was thinking 250w HPS to use through the whole grow. How is your setup on noise?

I was thinking 250w HPS to use through the whole grow. How is your setup on noise?

I hate noise, so keeping things relatively quiet was one of my goals.

I have two DR 80 tents, side by side, and I'm using Lumatek and Galaxy electronic ballasts, which are silent, and Soler & Palau TDX-100 and TD-100 exhaust fans, which are powerful and quieter than most axial fans. I got the 4" X 12" carbon filters on ebay. Most electronic ballasts will run both HPS and MH bulbs, so you can run MH for veg and switch to HPS later.

For circulation inside the tent, I'm using a large 250mm computer case fan, which is essentially silent. Since it's completely inside the tent, noise from the circulation fan isn't much of an issue no matter what you use.

My tents are in a corner of my garage and I can only hear my setup if I'm right next to it. Can't hear it at all in the rest of the garage. We have a freezer in the opposite corner and the compressor in the freezer makes more noise.

ss

I hate noise, so keeping things relatively quiet was one of my goals.

I have two DR 80 tents, side by side, and I'm using Lumatek and Galaxy electronic ballasts, which are silent, and Soler & Palau TDX-100 and TD-100 exhaust fans, which are powerful and quieter than most axial fans. I got the 4" X 12" carbon filters on ebay. Most electronic ballasts will run both HPS and MH bulbs, so you can run MH for veg and switch to HPS later.

For circulation inside the tent, I'm using a large 250mm computer case fan, which is essentially silent. Since it's completely inside the tent, noise from the circulation fan isn't much of an issue no matter what you use.

My tents are in a corner of my garage and I can only hear my setup if I'm right next to it. Can't hear it at all in the rest of the garage. We have a freezer in the opposite corner and the compressor in the freezer makes more noise.

ss

Hell yeah man, this all helps a lot. It gives me a good idea of how to set this bad boy up. You wouldn't happen to have any pics would you? How many plants do you comfortably fit in one tent?

Hell yeah man, this all helps a lot. It gives me a good idea of how to set this bad boy up. You wouldn't happen to have any pics would you? How many plants do you comfortably fit in one tent?

If you click on the link in my sig for "second lowryder grow", a few pages in is where I got my grow tent and took some pics. I had a DIY carbon filter back then that didn't last very long, but that should give you some setup ideas. If you have any other questions though, don't hesitate to ask. I don't have any current pics of my tents, but I should any day now. Have been very occupied doing damage control for one of my kids, but things are looking up now.

How many plants sort of depends on the strain and how you grow them, but I think 6 plants is a good average to shoot for in my tent. If you did a 12/12 SOG grow, you could fit quite a few more than that using smaller pots.

ss

If you click on the link in my sig for "second lowryder grow", a few pages in is where I got my grow tent and took some pics. I had a DIY carbon filter back then that didn't last very long, but that should give you some setup ideas. If you have any other questions though, don't hesitate to ask. I don't have any current pics of my tents, but I should any day now. Have been very occupied doing damage control for one of my kids, but things are looking up now.

How many plants sort of depends on the strain and how you grow them, but I think 6 plants is a good average to shoot for in my tent. If you did a 12/12 SOG grow, you could fit quite a few more than that using smaller pots.

ss

Well I'm looking for a good strain to start with, I havea thread asking advice but no help as of yet. I was thinking Blue Cheese, or a shorter strain with a quicker flower time. I'm still trying to figure out SOG entirely, still new to all of this lol.

If you click on the link in my sig for "second lowryder grow", a few pages in is where I got my grow tent and took some pics.

ss

After reading your journal, you have given me a lot of helpful information. Also, your plants were very straight and didn't bush out... did you trim them like that or was that just the strain? They didn't seem to take up a lot of space at all.

After reading your journal, you have given me a lot of helpful information. Also, your plants were very straight and didn't bush out... did you trim them like that or was that just the strain? They didn't seem to take up a lot of space at all.

They just grew like that. I didn't trim or manipulate them at all.

I'm growing the same strain in my current outdoor grow, and since I did LST on those plants, they *are* getting bushy.

HELLO 420MAG I AM VERY VERY new to the postings here but after doing dsome research I signed up for this thread. HELP HELP HELP!!!
1st time

I am going to use a Grow Labs GL60 2' x 2' x 5'3"
and 180 watt Darkstar LED UFO.

What else would I need? Do i need fans for smell and air circulation given the LED doesn't put off that much heat. How about a carbon filter? I want to be discreet which is why I am using LED and the small space. but I also am concerned about smell and room temp I want to keep ideal. Also how many plants could I grow in a setup this size?? I was hoping to do about 4-6. I am a beginner so i really don't even know what I am doing but I plan to get clones toss them in here in a hydro system and just study more and ask for help.

1. What else should I buy to make this ideal setup
2. How many plants can i grow in this tent?
3. what kind of light cycle should I run with a 180w LED UFO if I get the plants from clone state.

Thank you so much for any advice. I am trying to get my things together to actually finally grow my own meds.

:thanks:

Back
Top Bottom