HELP please 1st grow advice

auxigen

HELLO 420MAG I AM VERY VERY new to the postings here but after doing dsome research I signed up for this thread. HELP HELP HELP!!!
1st time

I am going to use a Grow Labs GL60 2' x 2' x 5'3"
and 180 watt Darkstar LED UFO.

What else would I need? Do i need fans for smell and air circulation given the LED doesn't put off that much heat. How about a carbon filter? I want to be discreet which is why I am using LED and the small space. but I also am concerned about smell and room temp I want to keep ideal. Also how many plants could I grow in a setup this size?? I was hoping to do about 4-6. I am a beginner so i really don't even know what I am doing but I plan to get clones toss them in here in a hydro system and just study more and ask for help.

1. What else should I buy to make this ideal setup
2. How many plants can i grow in this tent?
3. what kind of light cycle should I run with a 180w LED UFO if I get the plants from clone state.

Thank you so much for any advice. I am trying to get my things together to actually finally grow my own meds.

:helpsmilie:

Re: HELP please 1st grow advice.

I would suggest reading some of the journals on here and then you will have a better idea of what you need for your own grow. I don't think anyone will come to this thread and make a detailed list for you of what you should have. I think people should be a little bit more proactive!

HELLO 420MAG I AM VERY VERY new to the postings here but after doing dsome research I signed up for this thread. HELP HELP HELP!!!
1st time

I am going to use a Grow Labs GL60 2' x 2' x 5'3"
and 180 watt Darkstar LED UFO.

What else would I need? Do i need fans for smell and air circulation given the LED doesn't put off that much heat. How about a carbon filter? I want to be discreet which is why I am using LED and the small space. but I also am concerned about smell and room temp I want to keep ideal. Also how many plants could I grow in a setup this size?? I was hoping to do about 4-6. I am a beginner so i really don't even know what I am doing but I plan to get clones toss them in here in a hydro system and just study more and ask for help.

1. What else should I buy to make this ideal setup
2. How many plants can i grow in this tent?
3. what kind of light cycle should I run with a 180w LED UFO if I get the plants from clone state.

Thank you so much for any advice. I am trying to get my things together to actually finally grow my own meds.

:helpsmilie:

1. good nutes - Advacned Nutrients is good, but other growers can chime in about their faves

2. any plants - as long as you grow well, you can grow darn near anything, IMHO

3. Lots of light in the beginning is the best when plants are starting out. I think everyone has their own prefs though.

Yeah, read more on the threads since you can get most of yoru questions answered without having to start a thread. worked for me!

Not sure if this will help you or not, but i'm also a newb and I have the GL120(next size up from your tent) and am 17 days into my first grow attempt. I'm using the Haight PPF-800 as my light source and a home built hydroponic setup (in the pictures below). I have no idea what you're looking to do, but figured maybe seeing what someone else is trying may help to shape your thoughts. Most of the components I have can be bought at home depot or lowes. Those are porcelain tiles that the cans rest on, those screws you can see in underside of stands used to hold up plywood; which grew mold from moisture. I'm trying out two plants, one in the center of each lid in a 5" net cup. Mainly because I'm a newb and havent the foggiest what I am doing, but I could also have put 3" net cups around the inner ring instead and grown five or so smaller plants. I put 8 gallons in the res with a 490 GPH sunleaves pump, 15 min on 5 hrs off, the water temp stays around 68-70F. As far as the tents temp itself, with that fan running 24/7 it ranges from 66-80F. When it gets too cold the tower heater kicks on until the desired temp is reached and then shuts back off. Cannot comment on odor yet as it has only been 17 days, but there are passive intakes on the bottom of your tent that you can open and, as evidenced by my experience so far, you'll have some time before you have to worry about smell.

1stgrow.png

under.png

res.png

inside.png

These pictures were actually taken at one week. I only posted them to help him see a similiar setup in the same kind of tent.

Back
Top Bottom