Homemade grow lab help

tomatofarmer

Due to space limitations I am moving my current grow from the refrigerator and the shower to a self built grow space in the closet to keep all my girls together and maximize light and climate control. Current Setup
Breaking My V-Card

I will be constructing it soon and am curious how much room should the plants have above them to grow? I am shorting them with LST which will help. My original design is 6ft tall my plants will have 41" to grow upward and still have 5" before the light source (which is LED, low heat) But idealy i wouldnt want this 6' construction stuck in my closet becuase of its size.

My question is how much space should i leave between the plant and light source and how much grow space should there be for my LST plants? ( i realize more space means bigger plants but i will probably not let them get to big, plan on harvesting in 2 maybe 3 months)

Any advice about homemade grow setups would be appreciated as well.
(I plan on making it outa wood because it gets real cold up here and i dont know how well plastic or a tent would hold heat)

i guess its really up to you.... hold your hand under the light and judge how close you can get before it feels too warm.... then add a half an inch for your plants..... i would make sure your light can move tho... like suspended on a chain that way you can move it up and down depending on how tall/short your plants are going to be :) :goodluck::slide:

keep in mind that alaskan fish fert is low in potash, and of course some trace elements.

A simple and cheap combo to add to the fish fert for a complete veg nute would be some molasses. Preferably blackstrap.

I currently am using alaskan fish fert and Gmas molasses. I have never smelt anything worse than that alaskan fish fert. That shit makes me want to kill myself when im mixing the concoction. Its unbarable when your wasing the utensils off, have literally thrown up because of the stank.

Yeah you are completely correct. I have a strong gag reflex or i'd have chunks all over my grow room.

Age Old Organics has fish and seaweed and smells like a fresh water lake when mixed with water kinda like a bottle of salmon eggs. that gives me in idea I wonder what the mineral content in salmon eggs are.

Back
Top Bottom