Germinating, temps etc

Badgrower5394

420 Member
About to start this years outdoor grow. I need some tips.

Temps rn are peak 20c, and 5c lowest at night

Should i keep the seedlings out in the day and bright them inside for the night until i get slightly higher temps?

I recently tried perlite, can i saturate the solo cop as soon as i put the seedling in or is it too early?

(im growing autos)

Autos don't transplant well I'd put the seedling in the final pot you'll harvest from.

I've ran 3 gallon to small, 5 gallon and they do good but the roots will fill a 5 gallon so I went to 7 and get bigger yields.

The trick with seedlings in bigger pots it to limit watering. Just enough water to keep them from wilting while they are small. Inside I give 6 ounces morning and check before bed.

I wouldn't leave them outside at 5C, if the temperature drops it could kill.

Autos don't transplant well I'd put the seedling in the final pot you'll harvest from.

I've ran 3 gallon to small, 5 gallon and they do good but the roots will fill a 5 gallon so I went to 7 and get bigger yields.

The trick with seedlings in bigger pots it to limit watering. Just enough water to keep them from wilting while they are small. Inside I give 6 ounces morning and check before bed.

I wouldn't leave them outside at 5C, if the temperature drops it could kill.
Starting in final pot causes a weak root system....

@Emilya
Hey I read a lot about ur guides, could you tell me if I need to saturate the solo cup when I put the seed in? Or should I wait till' it sprouts?

I just water a small circle around where the seed was planted at first... and even when the seedling comes up, I only water to about 3x its diameter, but as soon as the new leaves are spreading out so that 3x the plant's diameter is hitting the outside edges of the solo cup, that is when I first saturate the entire cup and start properly watering and then waiting for the plant to drain all the water before watering again.

Back
Top Bottom