Noob grower inquiries

BlaziNoob

Well I've got 3 young plants in vegetative state and are growing good also have one seedling with it's second leaves growing now. They were bag seeds so don't know the strains.

My question is that since winter is upon us, till when can I keep my plants outside. Day time temps currently are 32-28C while night time it drops to 20-22C. Over the next week daytime temps will go down to 24-26C and night temps will go to 18-20C. Week after that daytime will be the same 24-26C but night time it will drop to 12-16C.

Now that you guys know the weather and no. Of plants etc. Till when can I keep them outside before moving them in. And what is the lowest temp in which a plant will stay healthy. Thanks in Advance.

P.S. growing them in my balcony with plenty of sunshine but night brings with it cold winds. No frost where I live but it snows just 1 hour drive from where I live.

They don't really like anything lower than 60 degrees F (15C). They can survive if it gets colder than that but photosynthesis slows and you run into other problems. If it gets close to freezing the plant could die.

Aren't you more worried about the amount of daylight hours? I don't know where you live but the days are long enough to keep it in veg?

Thanks for the advice. Daylight hours are currently 12/12 where I'm at. I germinated and raised the plants under 18/6 with the help of some lights and now kept them out in 12/12 till winter kicks in . However the other 1 young seedling which is growing first set of leaves ( other than the coytledons) has been grown from start in 12/12, experimenting with growing it on 12/12 from start. Can't arrange a separate growspace for 1 seedling to be at 18/6.

Back
Top Bottom