About Javahead, grab a cup, and read

Javahead

All about Me, huh.
I am 54, I use medical marijuana, and break the law in doing it. I have been using marijuana since I was about 14. That was back the 70's for you that don't want to do the math. I have Epilepsy, and use it now more for seizure control than....enjoyment. Truth is I stopped enjoying it a lot when I had to start buying off the street, and found it was all sleepy stuff. I used to grow, I had seeds from Hawaii, and Jamaica, and Columbia, etc. I took much time and care , getting "real" stock, talking to Coptics, and Rasta's, and ....shall we say, people in the direct import business. I LOVED sativa, I would wait the long summer days, tending my plants, and enjoyed harvest time. I grew up in the Midwest, there was no shortage of smoke, just not GREAT smoke. I saw a post the other day, of someone wishing to see a field of pot, I have. It was common to plant 1 cultivator row of corn 7-9 rows, and then plant pot. 20 to 40 acre fields where all over, if you knew where to look. But back to me, I loved the huge sweet sativa plants. Yes I miss them. A few years back, our house was robbed, after robbing us, they burned down the house, to cover their tracks. My seed went up in smoke. So now I am back at it again;. With "bag seed" the idea of buying seed is strange to me. Not only that, but not an option where I live. I just finished my grow area, a "kiss" design. Using mostly stuff I had around the house. Oh, btw, I am disabled now, (epilepsy), but was a builder. I have 8 1600 lumen CFL bulbs in a closet , hidden. My first grow there is just gone to 12/12. If I can get a few oz of leaf and bud, I will be happy. I know much about epilepsy, and , used to know a bit about pot. I will be trying to share in the correct forums. Forgive me if this rambled a bit, I have been having some minor spells through the writing of this.
I have been lucky, I have known some great growers. One who I shall just call "The Mad Doctor" was growing hydro sativa cross breeds in the 70's. He was a friend of my moms, now and then, I talked to him about growing, and now and then, he would drop me a grocery bag full of dried cuttings, mostly leaf, but Hey, in the 70's there was a lot of leaf in Evey bag. Also his "small" bud. The man was a genius ! Anyway, that is a little about me.

Hi there, I'm so glad to read your intro. I hoped I would find others at least close to my age. What a great intro. Were you related to your mentor? Do you have any of the species you began with all those years ago? Glad to meet ya.

No, was not related, blood wise. He was one of my Moms best friends. I'm sorry to say, as to the old strains, no, I do not, They burned up. Yet another thing that made me cry, literally (that and my LP collection). I will be talking to people I used to know, and see what can be done.

Thanks for replying (I'm just as glad to meet you!)

No, was not related, blood wise. He was one of my Moms best friends. I'm sorry to say, as to the old strains, no, I do not, They burned up. Yet another thing that made me cry, literally (that and my LP collection). I will be talking to people I used to know, and see what can be done.

Thanks for replying (I'm just as glad to meet you!)

Good Luck! I've been very fortunate to keep the plant my father named "Mother-In-Laws Tongue" going all these 45 years. She is just as happy making babies and being unruly as the old woman ever was. Hope others can help you find at least a remnant of your loss. Best Wishes

Back
Top Bottom