Abstinence makes the high grow stronger!

Big dog

I have lately been in a self-imposed dry spell. Before this evening, I have smoked once in the last 35 days. That's a pretty fair stretch of time, for me not to light up. I wanted to do without for a while to detox a bit, lower my tolerance level and make my high feel better and last longer.

Well, tonight I picked up a really fresh have doubts about some good suttee for. The wait was worth it. I'm really enjoying a good buzz! I think I'll take a break more frequently from now on. Just like they say "absence makes the heart grow fonder", I say "ABSTINENCE MAKES THE HIGH GROW STRONGER!"

I hear that. I was only smoking every other day - one hit - for awhile, and even that made each hit something pretty special. I'm on a self-imposed abstinence myself right now...studying up for a test. I find it kind of scary thinking what that first hit will be like after two or three weeks of abstinence, because every time I've smoked a little of the stuff I have I think it's the best ever.

Oh I will...I can hardly wait for that day. I just know it's gonna be like the first time again...very trippy. It will be just fine after the first 10 minutes.

Dude, I have been on a 6 month tolerance break till today. Hoooooooooly shit...

I took about two decades off. In my day there was almost nothing I couldn't make it through a joint of. All of the great weeds of the late 60's to the early 80's,I smoked 'em.

A few years back I'm at a cookout and buddy talks me into taking a couple of hits of what he said were "Mexican Mids". I was spending the night so I figured "why not"? I did three tokes through a one hitter. I couldn't string together the thoughts to put together a sentence for the next couple of hours.

Now,I go about another month and I'm at the funeral of an old friend. We were all hardcore tokers in our time,so when the weed was offered after the burial there was no passing on taking a couple of hits,it would've been damned rude. We're passing the bowl around and I go "Man this tastes like hash,what is it." The guy who brought it said,"It's a medical strain from out West my sister gets. Super Double Bubble or some crazy name."

I took another hit,turned around to see if my wife had gone back to the car and fell flat on my face. Luckily I'd passed the bowl before I turned around. Tore the elbows out of my good suit in the fall.

I've been back on the Devil's Weed ever since.

Great story, Firestone! The stuff really does have a lot more Kick than back in the day, doesn't it! Ahh, the advances of science!

Great story, Firestone! The stuff really does have a lot more cake than back in the day, doesn't it! Ahh, the advances of science!

That is a misnomer. It was part of the propoganda to make people fear pot. Just like smoking 1 joint was equivalent to smoking 10 ciggarettes was proven to be unfounded, so has this misnomer. Because that is exactly what it is. What they did to skew their results in testing back then is they tested mexican brick weed, no that is not the same kind of weed we are smoking today, you can still buy mexican brick if you want, and it will likely give you the same high you got back in the 60s and 70s. Marijuana cultivation techniques have gotten a lot better, that is what happened. People used farming techniques to crossbreed different strains to get more desired traits. Almost all the original strains existed somewhere in the world back then and people started bringing them here where they were crossbreaded and people started growing indoors. Its not that pot has magically evolved into some super strain, its just people have manipulated the plants a little better. Most outdoors grown pot probably will be as strong as it was in the 60s and 70s. Indoor grown pot, has the possibility of being a few percents stronger in THC because of how well some growers can control their crop. Its not 10x stronger or anywhere close, its like it went from 14-16% for the potent outdoor grown strains in the 60s and 70s, because people werent growing indoors on a massive scale like now. To like at the high of 24% now but that is after manipulating the plants genetics and cross breeding hybrids and contolling every aspect of the plants life in an indoor environment where you can control the sun, the humidity, and all that kind of stuff. Basically my point is bud hasnt gotten that much stronger. It has gotten stronger but not even 2x stronger. They invented synthetic THC in the late 60s, thats 100% THC. Just another little tidbit to show you, they werent dumb back then. They werent growing it the same way, most grows were done outdoors like I said, maybe if they did grow indoors under lights like we did nowadays, bud would have had very similar potency.

i think its probably the same as it used to be. i think they were just talkin about how strong it is now compared to back in the day because they used to smoke a lot more and had way higher tolerances back then. i've yet to smoke a weed that made me fall on my face, though... so what do i know? i clearly haven't smoked high-grade like that.

I dunno about the abstinence and getting a better high.

Last Saturday I stopped for 3 hours and didn't notice a difference at all.

I haven't smoked any in two days, and I know when I do it will definitely be a stronger high than when I smoke all the time, as I usually do. So there is an upside to being out of weed. But 35 days? LOL I don't need a break that long. :smokin:

Man, I haven't smoked in over a week now... and the times I smoked before then I didn't smoke very often at all. So when I finally get hold of some bud (not anytime soon; my rents are pretty much keepin me locked up in the house... I'm going stir-crazy!) I'm going to get REALLY REALLY HIGH. Hopefully like I did after my three-month break... crept up from my legs. Very nice feeling. OH I can't wait... I have to find something to occupy my time until then, though. Staying in the house and just babysitting isn't doing it for me.

Back
Top Bottom