Adding fertilizer at the end

spkx714

I may have started to only water my girls too soon, too many leafs are turning yellow, i think. That being said, can I safely add fertilizer?
I dont have a picture of the yellow leafs today but this is a picture of a bub. 7th week off flower, since I went to 12 12
Thanks
Screenshot_20200716-062638_Gallery.jpg

Seedsman Badazz OG Cheese
FF ocean forest
FF nutes
1200 watt LED
VIVOSUN 5X5 TENT
T6 FAN

Feeding in 7th week of flower is not out of the question. Looks like you still have plenty of white hairs and you should be able to add some nutrients. A lot has to do with what strain you are growing and how long the flower time is. I have no idea how long Badazz Og Cheese flowers.

It all depends on the strain and how much yellow and where the yellow leaves are. Some yellowing is expected in flower. that means the plant is flushing itself out. Plants don't need tons of nitrogen in flower.

Something to consider if you do feed them. How much. You are probably only going to get one feeding in. It needs to be enough to last them to finish. To much can be a big problem at this time.

I use Fox farm soil all the time and always have to add more nuits in flower. Make sure to use flower nuits and not to over do it. If you decide to feed them. You may just want to wait and chock it up as a learning moment. Next time you will know that they are going to need a feeding near the end and get it in early. Yellow fans leaves don't hurt anything in flower. The plants may still have everything they need other then Nitrogen.

Itll be fine.

To expand on what jack said. I've read, if youve pollinated[i know OP hasnt, just you, you] thEn you need a little more nitrogen during flower than normal for seed production.

It is hard to tell someone to do something with marijuana plants. So much involved.

If it was me I would feed the plant with the pointy buds. The other looks like it should be fine. It sill has lots of green in the middle leaves. The plant with the pointy buds does not look bad yet but things are going to get worse in the next few weeks of flower. If you feed now you should be fine. Thing is if you don't feed now you won't be able to do it later.

The other plant is right in the middle. If it doesn't take a long time to finish it will be fine. I don't know the flower time or the strain so I can't help you there. It probably wouldn't hurt to feed it a little to be sure.

Make it is flower nuits and don't get to carried away. Any food for them is more then nothing. Like I mentioned I use Fox farm soil. Once food is gone it is gone. Plants can look pretty bad by the time buds are done. Letting the plant eat itself up is part of flowering. Watch your sugar leaves if it starts to eat them up it is time for harvest.

Leaf color change is normal after say 35 days in flower.

Those older fan leaves go first.

Senescence is what you are seeing.

The fan leaves have stored up energy that the plant wants to use for making flowers.

Translocation of nutrients from fan leaves to flowers.

The color change happens when the chlorophyll starts breaking down as the plant begins to move those nutrients from the leaf to the flower. Then the leaf falls off naturally in a process called Abscission.

These processes are completely normal.

So this is why your leaves turn colors and FALL off.

As far as "feed" plants goes well if you're in a soil-less medium then yes you need to keep with your routine. IF you're in soil I'd go VERY light and see. There's enough energy in those fan leaves to get the plants to harvest.

So do you want a pretty plant or do you want pretty flowers? Some strains you get 1 OR the other. Some strains you get ugly plant pretty flower. Rare to get pretty plant and pretty flower at harvest time.

Thank you guys for your input, it's greatly appreciated. I mixed up a dose of FF ferts and nutes but I haven't done anything yet. I know time is off the essence.
New growers, what can ya do.

Bobrown14 you've cast the final vote. I'll let my ladies do what they will. Thanks for adding to my limited vocabulary with "Senescence." That doesn't mean I don't appreciate and respect what the others have said.
I hope I can get the same respect mith my slow growing AFs

Steve

Looking spectacular... steady the coarse water water water.

Yeah they in senescence right now thats the yellowing there let those leaves just yellow and fall off time to water water water .. you wont be able to over water now. Then at some point they will slow down drinking water. You will know when that happens.

I'm about the same time frame as you are. I watered 3x today and they are still thirsty. This happens when the flowers are swelling and thats what I see in your pics so water FTW dont hold back. Give them more than what you usually do and them a little more.

Be a few days of that then close to harvest.

Look at the trichomes on the calyx your pics are of the pistols - they usually turn orange but not always before they are ripe. The pic below the calyx is also called the bract.

Its the roundish egg shape that the pistols are coming out of. You wanna look at the trichomes on the outside of the calyx with your loop. Those are the trichomes that you will be puffing on.

bobrown14, I appreciate all of your help, it's great. I'm very limited on when I can water, only once a day and in the morning because my girls are not accessible any other time. Each morning I give each plant .5 gallons of 6.0 water. This amount fills up their trays. It is my first grow and I was not at all prepared (didn't know ANYTHING) about growing. I've learned so much. Thinking bigger is better i bought a 5x5 tent, two 1200 watt HED lights that cover a 2x4 area in flower. For my next attempt I'm going to use two, 2x4 grow tents at home.
This was such a great learning experience. Again, thanks for all your help.

About my closeup pics. My hands shake so much I have to cut off a piece of popcorn and lay it on a table to take pics.

All good brother your first pic up there has the calyx with the trichomes on them that I can see clearly. Your about 1/2 clear and 1/2 cloudy. I like to see mostly all cloudy.
So depends on strain but my experience says another week or so maybe 10 days. A week you will be in the harvest window.

The plants will be pretty yellow fan leaves thats totally normal and some will fall off as well dont worry eyes on the prize. As the flowers get larger the fan leaves get uglier and uglier. Its a good thing. Doing great steady the ship you got this.

Back
Top Bottom