Skinny tall clone can I top it yet? Pics

ofosho

Hey whats up everyone,
I recently scooped up a rooted sour diesel clone from a shop n transplated it into a solo cup about 4 days ago
Lights 18/6 indoor
2: 23 watt 6500K
1 : 18 watt 2700K
height of plant from top of soil 8-9"
Soil: ff ocean forest
No nutes yet but i have tiger bloom for flowering?
1: small fan
Homemade wood grow box (28"h x 18"w x 19"d)

Question: i dont have much grow space and im scared to top the plant to early. it looks a little skinny and looks like it will be too tall. Can i top it already or any ideas of when to top? It has about 6-7 nodes im trying to make it wider rathen than taller. Should i just bend it and not top?
if topping where would i top. Sorry total this is my 2nd grow in over 2 years. Also the tips of my bottom leaf was yellowing before transplant. I had the clone hidden in a dark space for 1 day before i transplanted discreetly lol

homeade_growbox.jpg
sour_diesel_clone.jpg
sour_diesel_clone2.jpg

Sure you can absolutely top it- no problem. Also worthwhile to read up on supercropping if you want to slow/shorten it's vertical growth. It looks like it needs more light. The cfls apparently can be up to an inch away before causing problems. And best if they are as close as possible. Most people seem to stay within 2-3 inches for sure. I'd give more light, transplant into a one liter pot, and give a very light feeding (unless it's being put into rich soil) while being sure not to soak and overwater the soil.

Ya i second more light. Usually with cfls you wanna run atleast 150w and i mean actual watts not the the incandescent equivalent. Also you might want to look into lst aka low stress training once you get some side branches going. The key to growing with cfls is the more light the better and because cfls lack good penetration lst is your friend as it keeps the plant low and allows you to make better use out of a the light also remember that most the light emitted from cfls comes off the sides not the tip. Best of luck to you and good vibes your way

hows it growin everyone
I have not forgot about you guys . Just wanted to say thanks for giving me some info and the guts to top the plant. I went ahead and transplanted into a bigger pot and added more light. I have a total of 6 23 watt cfls 6500K and let me tell u it getting pretty hot in that thang. Temp were reaching the mid 90's. But anywho just wanted to say thanks to all of ya.
Check out the pics feel free to cap on my homemade poor mans grow lol hopefully the clone grows. I checked ph today was a lil too high about 7-8 so i added some earths juice - and worked like a charm. No nutes yet too scared lol...i will begin lst on both in a few weeks.
more_lizzite.jpg
topped_n_cloned.jpg
lil_clone.jpg

Looks good. Just pay attention to the basics like moisture, temps, ph, nutes, and all will grow fine. That's easier said than done of course! What I'm mainly saying is that you can't re-invent a wheel to be square, and then expect a smooth ride. I know because I've been trying for years, lol.
Keep the soil for the plant and the clone just a little moist-kinda dry- never soaked. That's #1 if you want to grow roots. If you're in the 90s that's too high and it should be below 85. You probably know this already just kinda spouting whatever comes to mind- when from my experience is- read up in those basic guidelines and follow the middle path.

Back
Top Bottom