Topping questions

RandumbDude

I was reading some topping tut's and there were a few points that I didn't see covered. I already know where to cut and that you only top in veg.

1- is there a minimum size requirement? Can I do this with clones that are about 2 weeks old (4-6")?

2- how much can I top? Can I top a plant that is 18" tall down to the size of younger plants (about 6") so that the canopy is even?

3- can I root the cut tops as clones?

4- do I need to keep the plant in veg for a while after topping to stimulate new growth?

5- do I need to give topped plants more room in flowering than normal plants? In flowering I usually give 1 sq ft per plant but I'm guessing that I might need more space per plant after topping.

Thanks in advance for all of your help =)

1: you can top your plants ANYTIME you want to. However I would recommend waiting untill at least the 3rd set of 5finger leaves.
2: you can top your plants as far back as you would like. However I would recommend regular watching and topping when the canopy is even. It includes watching every day and topping as soon as a branch gets higher than the rest of the canopy.
3: you can do what ever you like with your cuttings. Yes they will root if done properly.
4: you can do what ever you like with your plants when ever you want. I top mine into the third week of flower. I also don't take off more than the top growing tip of a branch
5: you can pack as many plants as you would like next to each other. I personally veg mine for 6+ months perpetually and add one a month to my flower room. They end up being about 2 feet tall out of the pot and about 4-6 square feet (sorry forgot my measurements for a min) depending on strain.

Hope that helped I have photos in my grow journal if you'd like to see what I'm talking about.

Back
Top Bottom