Advanced help requested, all welcome - incorperating co2 into my custom built room

Magic beans

Hello fellow 420ans!

It's been quite a while since I've posted. My journals are dusty, but shears still sticky from many a harvest since. Life has been quite busy and I have not been able to dedicate myself to the community as much as I would like. But I come to you all to ask a very difficult question to you all, along with share a few juicy pictures of course

My question is this: in my custom grow room, what would be my BEST solution for incorperating CO2? I will give a description of the room, equipment, and growing style used, then will ask for your ideas. I will then describe a couple of my own ideas, and hope to compare and contrast, and combine possibly into an idea that will be fool proof. I'm actually hoping for a fun discussion as well.

Description of the room: 15x10x8 ft.

4x 600w galaxy electronic ballasts and hortilux hps bulbs (which upgrading to 1000w wouldn't be a problem)
2x 6" exhaust fans
Titan helieos 4 light controller
7000 btu portable ac with 6" exhaust if needed

The lights are in an " L " shape with 2 lights each connected to its own exhaust with the glass shields of course. The fans each have carbon filters too. Each set of 2 lights is also on it own light mover with adjustable distance and speed. The window is outfitted with a custom exhaust panel with 3 6" outlets that connect to the 2 sets of lights and the air conditioner, each with backdraft dampers if necessary.

Plants are grown in 2 seperate Flo N Gro systems, with 8 sites each, for a total of 16.plants will reach no more or less than 4-5' depending on strain and training.

All ideas are accepted and please be as detailed and thourough as you like. I want to know if I should keep the 600s or upgrade them to 1000s for the winter, how far to keep the lights, what temperature to keep the room and what ppm, what exhaust strategy I should use to keep the co2 in. EVERY little nitpicky detail. I want to be as efficient as possible. That's the name of the game. And now for thepics.

IMAG008814.jpg
IMAG008414.jpg
IMAG009114.jpg
IMAG009614.jpg
IMAG008617.jpg
IMAG010315.jpg

Re: Advanced help requested, all welcome. incorperating co2 into my custom built room

I prefer bottled over burners and a good controller for your fans, temp, humidity etc.

Re: Advanced help requested, all welcome. incorperating co2 into my custom built room

Thanks Bongwaterbob. Im pretty sure ill be using a tank regulator and controller for the set up, though am open to arguements.

I run a sealed room and it makes co2 use so much more efficient. Would probably be a reasonably easy conversion for you and i can say it was simply the best mod i made to my grow style ever. Get a decent ac, dehumidifier and co2 and you be good to go.
Check out my journal and also Jon235 who comments in my thread. He also runs sealed now after chatting to me and seems to be lovin it :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom