Advice Needed

You mean a year and half? As long as you put them in an air tight container in a dark warm place they can last for a few years. Just make sure not to get them wet.

Yep, depends how you stored them... There should still be some viable seed though even if you didn't store them right. Percentages go down the longer you have them. Germ those babies and see what you get.....

You mean a year and half? As long as you put them in an air tight container in a dark warm place they can last for a few years. Just make sure not to get them wet.

You mean a dark cool place?

Should be good for another 4.5 years then. The thing with older seeds is they take longer to germinate, longer to sprout, and can be slower growing then fresh seeds.

Statistically the germination rate drops a little every year. Seeds stored under the best conditions will be more viable than those that were stored under bad conditions.

That being said I once found seeds in an uninsulated attic that had been there at least five years. The attic temperature in the summer was WELL above 100F and in the winter was probably within 10 degrees of the outside temperature (and it got a few degrees below 0F a few times each winter).

All of those seeds germinated and grew into healthy plants.

I might have gotten lucky and I certainly didn't expect 100% success. But DON'T throw away seeds just because you found them in the back of your sock drawer in a baggie or whatever. You never know.

Back
Top Bottom