Advice on adding soil and what to do with my clones

dave1989

Hi there,
So I've got 3 plants going beautifully in my set up, white widow, bubblegum and blue cheese. The first two are in large pots, and the last is in a 20l dwc hydro system. I've just also been given 2 bubble cheese clones, which were monster cropped (taken during flowering). They're in rock wool, and roots have already poked through the bottom and sides.

Firstly, what should I do with the flowering clones? They've been in my tent under 18/6, should I put them in some soil and just wait? How long can I expect to see any change in?
Now, the second problem I have, is that I wish I'd put more soil in the pots. They're only about 2/3rds of the way full. So my question is, would adding more soil to the pots on top be a good idea? Would the roots eventually grow back up? Otherwise, should I transplant or just leave it?

My main concern with all of this is not letting any plants get root bound while I'm still vegging everything, because I only have 1 grow area, not a veg and flower area.

Thanks guys.

Re: Advice on adding soil and what to do with my clones.

1. The clones will reveg if moved to longer photo periods. Just move them back to 18/6 or more light & you'll be fine.

2. Add more soil. Roots will grow from the stalk underground. My first grow was in 5 gallon pots, but after compacting and my failure to fill the pots to the top, I lost potential yield at the end.

Just don't overthinkmit or over-do anything. Less is almost always better.

Instead of adding soil just transplant to larger pot. I like 7 gallon pots. I yield hp or much higher in those.

Instead of adding soil just transplant to larger pot. I like 7 gallon pots. I yield hp or much higher in those.

Hell yes. This is the answer. If you have the room and the time to step them up to a larger container and add an extra couple of veg weeks, problem solved.

I have my first two photos in 3 gallon smart pots. Moving them into 5 gallon pots tomorrow, then another month of veg, then into the 7' veg chamber. I want these ladies to turn into beasts and fill that chamber with goodness.

I love growing trees. More veg more bud

Someday I will sit down to figure out how to add my grow journals into my signature, but once I do I will start updating my photo grow with pictures. I have all the space I think I will ever need for an indoor sativa beast, so lets see what happens :)

Back
Top Bottom