Advice on veg light wattage anyone

Milkman87

So now I think I've come to that point where I have a good amount of cash
And knowledge "2year researching" to start and collect the equipment needed for a indoor grow :bravo:

Would just like to get some of your opinions on the wattage for a veg light! Looking at growing 5-10 plants at a time.
I think going for a 600w for budding/flowering would be ok maybe?

Enclosed room L.6ft W.10ft H.6ft
Room will have intake and exhaust

Any advice would be great thanks :high-five:

Re: Advice on veg light wattage any1.

Generally the more watt ge the faster theyll grow. U just have to get therigt color spectrum (blue) n the right lumens. 600w hps for flowerng is decent for 5 plants but u may want more light coverage if u want more plants. Maybe anothe 600w hps? Remember, ur plants will double in size when u switch them to flowering.

Yeah I had decided to get 2 lights 1 being 600w for flowering, but would you think it would take another 600w for veg over 6 plants say. I had planned on 400w over 6 plants through the veg on its own then putting in the second being at 600w on duel spectrum and running both lamps at flowering.

What do you think? Thanks

you got some money.. like LED or HPS? yeah LED cost more.. but no heat issue :) for me that is

I'm not exactly sure what kind of temps I'm going to be getting its pretty cold where I live so I was going you use the heat off the lamps to keep my temps up with temp controller rigged to my intake/exhaust fans and I will most likely need a heater during lights off. So maybe led wouldn't be any advantage to me? I'm unsure exactly what to do for my current climate, I'm saying indoor grow but it's actually in a metal shed. So many factors to take into consideration lol hard work this is ha
Thanks dude

Hey JJbones,

I never planned on makeing it any smaller because that's half of my shed already. Other side of the shed for storage/clones etc.
so I should run both lights through my veg stage yes?

Any better plans on equipment for the space I have! What would you do ?? Thanks dude

I think hes gonna veg then flower.

I wouldnt run the veg n hps lights t the same time for 24/7. Ive run some floros 24/7 and i had the hps on for 8hrs. Idk if that helped or hurt the plant but it turned out ok in the end.

U should be fine with the 600w veg n 600w hps ifur doing 6 plants. Jus set up ur lights and see how good the coverage is and if u need more light u can throw some red spectrum floros on the sides.

Yeah veg then flower all in the same room. The aim is less plants bigger yield maybe I will try this "main lining" I've read up about with around 4-6 plants for my first grow
Yeah I think I will go with the x1 600watt through veg then as I flower I will put another 600w along side just for good measure.

Thanks for the input guys it helps :goodjob:
If yous have any more advice throw it all my way, I'm sure I will have many more threads with questions.

Hey thanks for the input mate.

After a long hard think and several hours looking on here I'm going to separate my grow room and go get myself some CFLs for veg then when ready move them under x2 600watt Hps.

I'm thinking this would be more appropriate, I'm not really sure why I wanted one large room in the first place, amateur decision maybe lol.
So the mailman will bring me some nice shinny CFLs in a week or 2, gives me time to put up a wall! Happy days.

Thanks for the info and advice dudes. :)

Back
Top Bottom