Advise : Plant is laying down

Virtus

Hey everyone,

I have 3 x yumbolt seeds in the soil, 2 of witch came up a couple of days ago, now one of them (naturally the biggest one) is laying down, Im thinking it might be caused by over watering.

The little one (doing fine)

The larger (not doing so fine)

Im using fluorescent (2x30W) and ordinary powersaving bupls (2x123W) all 4 are cool white's and they are running 18/6

Thanks in advance.

ps I mean advice not advise! lol

Hey everyone,

I have 3 x yumbolt seeds in the soil, 2 of witch came up a couple of days ago, now one of them (naturally the biggest one) is laying down, Im thinking it might be caused by over watering.

The little one (doing fine)

The larger (not doing so fine)

Im using fluorescent (2x30W) and ordinary powersaving bupls (2x123W) all 4 are cool white's and they are running 18/6

Thanks in advance.

ps I mean advice not advise! lol
Because of the type of lighting being used, your plants may be "stretching" for lumens and being top heavy, fall over when they can no longer support their own weight. I would recomend switching to an HID system. They have systems avaialable now where you can use either and HPS or a MH lamp simly by hitting a switch on the ballast and changing lamps. Also, I would incorporate a fan into the grow area. Outdoors, plants are subjected to all types of elements, heat, cold, rain, wind, sometimes snow, etc etc. As soon as they break the soil, they begin to adapt to whatever surroundings and elemental factors they are exposed to. Wind causes and allows them to grow strong support stalks due to microscopic tearing be it ever so slight, that occurs along the stem whenever movement and bending, even a small amount, takes place. The plant will repair itself by growing a stiffer, sturdier "skin" if you will, around the "wounds" thus becoming stronger each time and able to withstand Mother Nature rather than falter. You need to duplicate this "elemental" factor within your grow area as soon as the seedlings break the medium. You do not have to blow the foliage off, lol, just keep it ocillating easily throughout the "on" period giving them a rest when "night" falls, dig? This will make them strong and able to support themselves as the veggie state progresses. You will also need strong stalks to support all those sweet juicy nugs that will soon be yours! Hope this helps...:peace:

you dont need an HID lamp....lower ther lights and add some more CFL's. There are some outstanding plants grown on CFL's. put some more soil around the tll one...just dont break it too much...even a broken stem heals it self very quickly. yes a fan will help out...so will music and talking to them...fo real

put two small stakes on the sides of the stem about 3" apart then take some wire wrap and wrap it around the sticks this will hold up the stem until its strong enough to stand on its own and as PV stated get light intensity up to control stretch....

you dont need an HID lamp....lower ther lights and add some more CFL's. There are some outstanding plants grown on CFL's. put some more soil around the tll one...just dont break it too much...even a broken stem heals it self very quickly. yes a fan will help out...so will music and talking to them...fo real
I didn't say he needed an HID, I suggested switching to one. Obviously the fact that the plant has broken the medium is proof the the light being use used will work but, when you want serious results, you use serious equipment...:peace:

I dont use CFLS I use HID..2000w HPS. However I have no problem recomending CFL's. Maybe he doesnt want the heat issue or electricity cost or total cost to purchase. If I only had a few plants I wouldnt bother with HID either. There have been amazing plants here with CFL's only

Back
Top Bottom