Underbrush, airflow , and flowering..advise

kdogsgirls

Hows it growing all?
Anyway the question is, do you think its a big deal to remove the suckers down below six days into flower..is there a point where it will stress the plant too much and hamper flowering?, or is this one of thoze way too much thought into it things and I can just removs em..sometimes I feel like im overthinking stuff. Im sure in the wild sh%t gets eaten off- snapped off and is fine anyway'

To throw in my 2c's worth: Don't cut off functioning parts of a plant unless you know they won't benefit growth.

That being said, I have come to the conclusion that there is little harm in pruning shoots that won't ever see the artificial sun. All you're doing is helping the plant put its energy where it is best invested, i.e. the bud sites closest to your lights. Fan leaves blocking the light? Maybe it's enough to tuck them underneath a bud site.

Depending on how close your plants are to each other, whether or not you're using SOG or SCROG, the level of defoliation, topping and pruning will vary. On the whole, don't cut where you don't have to - and have no mercy where cutting is actually helping your plant focus on big buds.

Thanks bro..my concern was that by chopping shit off maybe the plant would put all that energy into healing rather than flowering..i cant figure out how to get pics to the thread but I am gonna put em in my gallery

Back
Top Bottom