Aero ponics/seedlings

12n12

I made a aero ponic cloner that works great. I wanted to know if anyone has done seedlings in one before?

I do my cloning kinda different. I take a cutting, putting in a riot rooter plug and place in 2 inch net pot. The roots grow out of the roit rooter plug as a strong base for the clone.

I was thinking, I would germ/crack a seed then place in a roit rooter plug. I would set my time for 15 mins on and 5 hours off so the plug stays moist and can breath.

Any thoughts?

:peace:

hmm. the riot rooter plugs are the ones with the mesh on them right? i've never used those, but i would advise you poke something all the way through the cube so that the roots will be able to penetrate it and that way you can ensure proper root development. I use the 2" neoprene inserts in 2" net pots in my aero cloner and I've had friends start seeds in it before. you just have to germinate it long enough so that the root part can hang a little ways from the bottom of the neoprene insert so that water can hit it. also let the stem and poke up a little ways above the insert as well so that it can receive light. I hope this helped.

Back
Top Bottom