Aerogaren first grow - small brown dots appearing / pioneer leaves drying and curling

FrankDarko

Hello tokers,
I am doing a first grow with the aerogarden, purely for personal supplement - not expecting anything more than an ounce - and I'm using Lowryder seeds (as you'd expect). The plant is 3 weeks old tomorrow and whilst on the whole the plant seems healthy, I have started seeing small brown dots appearing on the newest leaves.
It wasn't new - the first serrated leaves to come in were affecting similiarly to the point that that the tips became a patchy brown and began to dry out and shrivel up (I removed these tips, figuring the plant could do without dead tissue to deal with).
I've done a bit of research and have come back with problems ranging from calcium/potassium deficiency, nute-burn to gnats. I was hoping that if I uploaded these pictures for display that someone could point me in the right direction?
Toke up, bros.

Imageshack - dots1.jpg
Imageshack - dots2.jpg
Imageshack - dots3s.jpg
Imageshack - dots4.jpg

Re: Aerogaren first grow - small brown dots appearing / pioneer leaves drying and cur

well two ?s
1st are you using the aero nutes ?
2nd what setting are you running the aero on ? the

the problem i ran into wit hmy aerogarden was the resvior is too small for a plant yet let alone more then one. the ag nutes and tap wate burnt my leaves bad. SO i switched to r/o water but could only get them started in the ag. The ag pump flow was way to much and eventually lead to root slime and to rot. I alway use hydrozome and benificals. SO to cure my slime and rot i did h202 for a wk repeating 15mg to 1 gal. every 3 day then did a resv change to bare ro water. I ditched the ag nutes and got some general hydro flora series. You would be better off making them into either hempy pots or go soil/perlite pots. the ag is great for cloning and germination but i have take my resv off and just have my pots sitting under the light :)

Re: Aerogaren first grow - small brown dots appearing / pioneer leaves drying and cur

well two ?s
1st are you using the aero nutes ?
2nd what setting are you running the aero on ? the

the problem i ran into wit hmy aerogarden was the resvior is too small for a plant yet let alone more then one. the ag nutes and tap wate burnt my leaves bad. SO i switched to r/o water but could only get them started in the ag. The ag pump flow was way to much and eventually lead to root slime and to rot. I alway use hydrozome and benificals. SO to cure my slime and rot i did h202 for a wk repeating 15mg to 1 gal. every 3 day then did a resv change to bare ro water. I ditched the ag nutes and got some general hydro flora series. You would be better off making them into either hempy pots or go soil/perlite pots. the ag is great for cloning and germination but i have take my resv off and just have my pots sitting under the light :)

I initially used starting nutrients in tablet form that came with the packaging (it was bought secondhand) but it was soggy and not the best; some residue was left on the bottom of the reservoir. I have since been sent the advanced grower kit that uses liquid nutrients, of which I have only used one (Only supposed to add nutrients once every two weeks, they say) But I am worried that these nutrients have burned it, since it may be for 7 plants (the Aerogarden's max capacity)?
I have diluted the reservoir since the problem began in case it was nute-burn, and I don't even know if it has helped or not :(

EDIT: And its on the tomatoes/peppers setting, which was the recommended setting.

ok ditch the ag nutes yes very strong and not designed for MJ. I would sujest generalhydroponics flora series. you can pick from the normal version which uses 5 parts. or the expert version which has 7or 8 parts. the basics will get you going so I would get the flora Nitrogen, micro,bloom, floracious plus and liquid cool bloom. you wont need the last one till flower time. heres a pic of my last plant to come out of my ag and it was a royal pain to get the roots out that tiny hole, they almost didtn make it. Oh and ps it was only a foot tall

af_AERO2.JPG
af_AERO1.JPG
af11.JPG

ok ditch the ag nutes yes very strong and not designed for MJ. I would sujest generalhydroponics flora series. you can pick from the normal version which uses 5 parts. or the expert version which has 7or 8 parts. the basics will get you going so I would get the flora Nitrogen, micro,bloom, floracious plus and liquid cool bloom. you wont need the last one till flower time.

Thanks, I will look into it!
I forgot to mention though, that it is an auto-flowering strain, so I assume I would just need the basic parts of the nutes you suggested?

Also, here is a picture that I took today that I've edited to make the blemishes more apparent.

nute burn and possibly cal & mag deficiencies. since they are auto flower you could probably get away with the micro, bloom,either floralacious plus or floracious bloom and liquid cool bloom. I would also look into floral nectar as well. Its has kelp meal, pot ash and plant sugars like molasses and soo on. Suppose to make them sticky and gooey :) I think you maybe able to get the nutes in pint size but i would suggest the qt size for the micro, bloom and nectar. You could use dry cool bloom to instead of the liquid but i think you may have to purchase a tub which could cost more. the roots may be a problem for you aswell even though they are an auto strain. I would start with 2 or 3 max and worst case you take the third out and put it in dirt or hempy pot. Just a suggestion :)

Back
Top Bottom