Alien flood drain system - How often to flood? Help

roundstone

Hi
I have just brought a alien flood drain system, was using rdwc but started getting complaints about the air stones and noise.

Can anyone give me a guild to flood times ie

week 1 of flower
week 2 of flower
week 3 of flower
and so on

reading some people are saying every 3 hours for 15min is that from week 1 to week 9?????
as this system has 32mm pipe it only takes 5 min to flood and drain

Thanks all

i know this is an old thread, but just in case some1 else runs into this. imo you should only flood once per day while in starter cubes and blocks. once you plant your cubes into a hydroton table you need to start flooding every 3 hours for 5-10 mins for the first week, then 15 minutes for the remainder. the thought process is that the roots are contained within the rockwool for the first part of its life, so treat your ladies like they are potted plants so that the roots dont rot. once you plant them into the hydroton the roots are expanding into the table and are no longer being supplied with water from the rockwool block, so you need to constantly supply them with solution to prevent them from pruning/drying out. 4 hours seems to be about how long it takes for most flood/drain tables to dry out, so people prefer to flood every 3 hours during lights on to keep the roots moist and 1-2 times during lights off

Back
Top Bottom