All Odds Against Me

saturated

Wassup everyone? As you all know I am a newbie who has decided to grow my own stash for the first time. And I am sick of paying as I am sure you all are too.

I say that all odds are against me because i am an growing as cheap as i can. I am curious to hear all of my union members thoughts on this.

My grow, I have 6 seeds going right now and everything seems to be going good. Here is what I am doing.

1. I am growing in a 20x14x28 box made out of MDF so i will hold heat better.
2. My Lighting consists of 4 CFL's 2--23W6500K and 2--23W5000K
3. I am watering with store bought water that says it has been purified by reverse osmosis.
4. I am using miracle grow soil bought at Lowes.

My Seeds in the start were stretching for the light due to being started with an aquarium light. I then made the box and did a repotting of them all. I did break on of the stems but i continued anyway, i figured if it takes great, but if it doesn't i will get another one going. So far on my last repotting the broken stem began re-rooting out.

The Pots i chose do not drain at the bottom, they catch the water in a bottom container but i water about every 3 days. I also look at the soil at that time and mix in some dry if i need to. I have done 3 repotting sessions so far and every time I do, the plants look like they get fuller and i notice the inner leaves look better too.

I looped the long ass stems and put all of them deeper in the soil with the first set of fan leaves almost on top of the soil. (I use rubber Gloves)

According to some people i am doing everything wrong.

I plan on planting these plants outdoors as soon as the weather breaks. at night it is getting down into the forties.

What are all your thoughts on my mess?

Everyone does everything wrong according to someone. The first thing to remember is that these plants will grow in a pile of garbage next to the highway. If you want to see better results, there are some things you can work on.

You may need a bit more light. Try to get to around 200w minimum, and as always- the more the better. Keep the light as close as you can to the tops.

Store bought water is great. Do you have bad water in your area. The city redid our supply lines here, and I repiped my house so we have some excellent water coming in. If yours is good, you may be able to save yourself the hassle of getting water.

The general consensus is that Miracle Grow is no good. It time releases nutrients so you have no idea when to fertilize. They may look deficient and you add some ferts, then a few MG capsules break open and you are looking at nutrient burn. On the next transplant, I would look into a more appropriate soil.

Speaking of transplants, try to cut down on the number. Start them in something small to see what grows best, then try to get them in your container that will bring them through flower. The less shock the better. You are also going to need pots that drain. Pop a couple holes in the bottom if you can. The nutrient buildup will need to get washed out when you water, and you will have a hotspot at the bottom of that pot if the water cannot carry the nutrients away.

I dont grow outdoors, but I assume a good start indoors will be helpful. These tips should allow them to build some strength before being released into the wild. Good luck!

right on green chrome, i did add more lights. i now have 12 cfl's 2-2700K, 5-5000k, 5-6500K. Can i come to you with more questions at a later point? and if so How do i do that?

I also posted some pics and did everything according to the tutorial, and apparently i'm and idiot and still can't get it right. Need to have a friend on here that i can confide in. Thanks, and roll a fatty for me. I have been dry for 3 weeks now :-(

I will do my best to answer any questions you have. If you go to the Grow Room tab, than Grow Journals, you can start your own, and I guarantee it will lead to a great amount of advice. You can check mine out as an example, or there are many great ones you can find in that same tab. It may be a bit more appropriate place for the discussion as we drift further off topic. There are also Sticky threads that stay at the top, one should be a guide on how to upload and post photos. I will link it Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos If the pics are already uploaded to the gallery, than when you hit reply to a thread you should see a camera icon 3 in from the right (across the top of the box you enter the text in). This will allow you to choose from your pics.

If you have any more questions on getting that started, or if you would rather not, just keep posting here and I will check in. If I cant answer your question, I will do my best to point you in the right direction. I am glad to help, as I have certainly received much help from the good people on here.

Now for the final problem, you need weed, STAT. 3 weeks and not a puff? I would be yelling at those girls to grow! Have you considered growing indoors? You would be in control of the flowering periods, and can go year round.

Back
Top Bottom