Aluma-curtain

Brett2theMax

well, for all those who dont buy mylar and use tinfoil as their source for reflection(like me) i'll show you how to make an aluminum curtain, it is quite durable. I got the idea thinkin today when i put up some more aluminum foylel
there is a little story behind my idea as well
you see back in highschool we had "spirit week", now i really wasnt actively involved in highschool but i decided to be part of spirit week when we had our first anual "duct tape, tinfoyle, and seranwrap day" so i made some pants made out of tinfoyle and duckt tape, all you have to do is back the tinfoyle with duckt tape. . . i'll show you.

1. first you have to know how tall you want it, so i'm making min 68" cuz thats how tall my grow area is, i'm just haning it to the cloths rack in my closet, same thing as my light rack is hanging from.
1490.JPG

2. lay it out on an area big enough to work on it, i used the floor. Get the tinfoyle at the length you want keeping it as wrinkle free as possable, wrinkles are bad. also you want to make sure the foyle is actually a little bit long as you can see on mine, the reasoning is, you can always take away, never add.
2364.JPG

4. now take strips of tape and cover it, you can go either long ways or short ways, i'm going short ways cuz lone ways would be very inaccurate for me to do when laying it down, you try laying 5' of tape in a nice strait line.
3330.JPG

5. trim off all of the over hanging tape. and make sure you dont do stupid shit like me and step on some of the tape draging all of your nice neet work and gettin the shit real wrinkley.
4256.JPG

finished edge, dont be afraid to take off some foyle when you are cutting, its actually easier, i took off between 1/16 to 1/8 inches of the side when i was cutting, the tape doesnt stick to the sissors nearly as bad when you do this.
5194.JPG

5. now there is no doubt you are going to get wrinkles in it, its impossable not to wrinkle aluminum foyle esecially when you do stupid shit like me. . . i'm so pissed, but you can fix it with a drivers licence or a card of some sort, dont use your credit card cuz i think it will demagnitize it. all you have to do is take the card at a low angle and scrape it accrost the aluminum foyle. this mostly jut flattens out the wrinkles, not get rid of them all the way, but it does make the much less obtruisive.
6169.JPG

And you are all done, you have a section of foyle curtain!!
7150.JPG

now all you have to do is tape them together, just put them together and tape, you can overlap but i find that the tape hold better when you dont. let me know if you have any questions, i'll post a pic of the finished product when i'm done. oh yeah, the foyle is 12" wide, so measure width that way:)

Peace
-Brett :Rasta:

I guess I wasn't being as helpfull as I thought. . .

good advice i think ill do it to my under fishtank. i dont have the plant in there anymore i keep it in my room in my greenhouse, but ill probly put something in there eventually.

lol, Well I'm glad that some one liked the little workshop I had here.

Nice. Looks good and it seems it won't rip as easy as foil alone. I just have the inside of my grow space painted flat white. I don't use foil with a HPS. Too much problems with hotspots.

This is a pretty nifty thing you got here. What do you plan to use it for? the door of your grow box, for easy access?

Back
Top Bottom