Am I missing anything? Experienced help requested

wutwut

Hey whats up all? I'm looking for any advise on my grow. This is my 5th, I think. I've got 5 plants. (2) Fighting Buddah, (1) Sugar Momma, (1) AK99, and (1) Calizar. I have them in fox farms soil with a mix of FF light warrior and FF potting mix for good luck. Personally I think the Potting mix is too potent. I use one 430 watt son agro bulb in a standard econo wing type reflector. The room has an oscillating fan, mylar walls, and carbon filter. I keep the temp and PH at good levels.
This is what I do
No pruning unless a leaf is 50% dead or more (always wondered if I'd do any harm or good by cutting the spindly branches at the bottom during flowering)
Short days for seedling growth (14-16 hours)
Once in veg mode 24 hours lighting till time to switch then strict 12/12
Rotate plants every 3 days
I try misting once a day and raise the light after until moisture evaporates to avoid burns. I don't use wetting agents.
The light is around 12-14 inches away
I put my rectangle 5 gallon pots on bricks so as not to touch the ground and to improve air circulation.
Water till 10% or more flows out of the bottom
Leach every 2-3 weeks once nutes are applied
Nutes get started during flowering because the soil keeps them rich looking during veg
Flower at 20-25 inches
When flowering starts I use Botanicare Pure Blend Pro Bloom (2.5-2-5) with a little of the veg nutes to make sure enough nitrogen is there for the 1st 2 weeks. For the next few weeks I stick with the Pure Blend mentioned above and put a little molasses and Neptune's Fish & Seaweed fert (2-3-1). As pistol formation starts I start mixing Pure Blend Pro Bloom (2.5-2-5) with Pure Blend Soil Formula Pro Bloom (1.5-4-5) and keep the rest the same. Towards the end I use more of the soil formula and cut out the 2.5-2-5 pro bloom. Recently tried the unsweetened pineapple juice at the end after using clearex. Not sure if that did anything or not
I use nutes lightly and build a tolerance. Normally due half strength till the end on every watering and stronger for the last few weeks

I've read these pretty large harvest amounts and don't know if what I've been getting is the norm. From 3.5-4 foot plats I get 2-3 ounces a plant dried weight including the small airy buds on the bottom. Should I be getting more, if so how? If there is anything I'm missing please feel free to let me know. This is my 1st time with these strains and am pretty fired up to do well. AND on a side note writing this high was a mission much harder than expected. Sorry if I rambled a bit and lost you

Thanks for the input. I may try the coco on my next grow, my babies are already in their final resting place. I'm always scared of nute burn. It's such day ruiner for many a day. I usually judge by plant color. They get a darker green and feel I shouldn't get greedier. I want to start using the Pro Bloom (1.5-4-5) shortly after bud formation starts. I used only start using it for the final 3 weeks (roughly) and feel to experiment. I got high the other day and impulsively bough another 400 watt HPS ballest. I was wondering how far to space them apart for optimal coverage. For 5 plants that will reach 40-45 inches high and guessing around 2-2.5 feet round. They have to be parallel to each other. My room is slightly over 5 feet wide and around 11+ feet long. I'm going to get 2 under one light and 3 under the other. I was thinking 2 feet would be optimal but prefer 2.5 feet. Any thoughts? Man was that hard to write on meds...

The single biggest factor in growing quality buds is 12 hours of continual darkness.

Have you EVER turned your lights on during the night cycle?

Other advice: you seem to have a very complicated system going. It sounds like you have lots of equipment and a very complicated nutrient regime. I think that you could try one variety at a time. One nutrient for grow (half strength hen the babies are small) and one nutrient for bud as a supplement. If your potting mix is too rich, let it compost and add some coco or similar first.

Can you post some photos of the finished buds, this will allow us to see if the breeds have been expressed properly or if their is actually something wrong.

Stay Well,
Grandma.

Back
Top Bottom